Thread: Shaw Suspended 1 Game For Slur

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Default Shaw Suspended 1 Game For Slur

Cobra.....

"I`ll never use that word again" Andrew Shaw. Kinda forgot there was so many cameras around didn`t you Andrew?......I`m not defending it but if we were to stick cameras in every playground, school yard or on the field in any games of any sport the stuff pouring out of Shaw`s mouth in his moment of insanity tirade is pretty much ignored by the other players and coaches. They consider the source, the moment and forget it. The only times it is an issue is when the media gets a hold of it and can make a buck by rehashing it over and over. It`s a storyline, it`s air time, it`s the commentary that the media is after..........don`t be fooled in that these guys reporting such are doing it for the benefit of mankind.

TSN

It took Andrew Shaw getting home and watching the video to realize the reach of his voice.

The Chicago Blackhawks’ forward said he couldn’t sleep after his multiple homophobic slurs caught on camera during Game 4 Tuesday night circulated on social media.
    Shaw owned up to his words on Wednesday with a brief statement, offering an apology to the gay and lesbian community.
    “I am sincerely sorry for the insensitive remarks that I made last night while in the penalty box,” Shaw said in his statement. “When I got home and saw the video, it was evident that what I did was wrong, no matter the circumstances. I apologize to many people, including the gay and lesbian community, the Chicago Blackhawks organization, Blackhawks fans and anyone else I may have offended. I know my words were hurtful and I will learn from my mistake.”
    An emotional Shaw then met with the media briefly before the Blackhawks’ flight to St. Louis for Game 5.
    “I have no excuses for anything,” Shaw told reporters. “I’ll never use that word again, that’s for sure.”
    The Blackhawks also released a statement condemning Shaw’s actions, but did not mention any internal discipline for Shaw, despite saying the team does not “stand for” his actions.
    “We are extremely disappointed in Andrew Shaw’s actions last night,” the Blackhawks statement read. “His comments do not reflect what we stand for as an organization. We are proud to have an inclusive and respectful environment and to support various initiatives such as the You Can Play Project and the Chicago Gay Hockey Association. We will use this opportunity to further educate our players and organization moving forward, so that we all may learn from it.”
    The NHL has not commented on possible discipline for Shaw, other than to acknowledge they are “looking into” the matter. Previously, the NHL sought to discipline Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds in 2011 for the same homophobic slur, but could not corroborate that he used it.
    Shaw also raised both middle fingers at referees on his way to the penalty box on Tuesday night. His interference penalty with 2:04 remaining essentially sealed the Blues’ Game 4 victory, putting the defending Stanley Cup champions on the brink of elimination.
    Shaw, 24, is tied for the team lead in playoff scoring with four points in four games. He helped the Blackhawks to Stanley Cups in 2013 and 2015.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,328x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

ridiculous!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,931x in 902 Posts
    Items Hockey
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 03:07 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:53 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-04-2020, 05:41 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 01-03-2020, 08:22 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 12-30-2019, 11:42 PM from Bluegrass

thats the truth Cobra, I thought it would just be a fine not a 1 game suspension

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sonicmario For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by sonicmario View Post
    thats the truth Cobra, I thought it would just be a fine not a 1 game suspension
    Suspending Shaw and the Blackhawks being OK with it is simply the NHL being politically correct and not wanting to alienate any paying customers nor did they want to deal with potential picketing, boycotting etc etc. As bad as I think a suspension was a little overboard I can see why they felt they had to do it.
    What I don`t understand is this..........I turned on the TV tonite and saw this Sid & Mike show(sports talk). These 2 boobs were beating the story to death for over the half hr I watched all the while saying how horrible it was etc etc....Naturally they found an expert Psych guy chiming in how bad it was and that it can cause gay and lesbians to have trouble with their self worth or even suicidal tendencies.......it was so horrible that they showed Shaw at his worst moment in the penalty box 6 times straight....over and over and over.
    TSN has 8 stories on it either in print or on TV/radio..........God forbid these guys write about the game or the poor refereeing.

Washington/Philly tonite on CBC........think the other Canadian based loudmouth will chime in on something? LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,083x in 4,688 Posts
    Items Ying & yangRepCheckered FlagGolfCrown RoyalFootballGreeceCanada

Why could there be a gay parade ,, where you see all these little tsi-tsi flies prancing around in thongs
    Yet you call someone a queer or a queen or a fag gets front page news ??????

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TLG For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by TLG View Post
    Why could there be a gay parade ,, where you see all these little tsi-tsi flies prancing around in thongs
    Yet you call someone a queer or a queen or a fag gets front page news ??????
    Toronto sports writers embellishing as they are known for...............