Thread: Only getting 22 percent signal

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 14 Posts

Default Only getting 22 percent signal

WTH! All I'm getting is 22 percent signal strength on everything. I've done a hard boot. I've unplugged the receiver and the coax before turning it back on. I'm using the same Winegard Movin' View automatic antenna that I've been using for FTA for the past 9 years, and everything was working fine until yesterday. I've used the same setup with this receiver since February. Does this sound like it might be an HD module issue? Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,243x in 3,573 Posts
    Items beer
Gift received at 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM from JCO

Yep... something is wrong...could be the antenna motor also but you may be correct that its a bad JB200... did you try adding a laptop fan or removing the cover or both? Power the box down from the rear switch or unplug it long enogh so that it cools all the way down(an hour maybe)... then power back up & see what happens... if its overheating you may get signal for a short while
    Last edited by hutch; 04-24-2016 at 10:33 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hutch View Post
    Yep... something is wrong...could be the antenna motor also but you may be correct that its a bad JB200... did you try adding a laptop fan or removing the cover or both? Power the box down from the rear switch or unplug it long enogh so that it cools all the way down(an hour maybe)... then power back up & see what happens... if its overheating you may get signal for a short while
    I haven't tried taking the cover off and reseating the mod yet, but that's next on my list. The motor on the antenna is running fine, it just doesn't lock in. Thanks for the response. We'll see what we get after taking the cover off. Hey...that's what this hobby is all about right.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to charmed_one For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,237x in 6,877 Posts
    Items Martini
Gift received at 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM from swanner
Celebration Time, Keep up the good work BudSome beer
Gift received at 07-18-2013, 04:52 PM from marcelect
Message: wHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.HAvein this heat wavethis cold oneFriesPizzaBurgerBeefTrophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM from ICEMANFootball
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 03:44 AM from Styx_N_Stones

'lol I gave him a couple g's and he blew it all in a matter of hrs'

I didn't want you to think I was spending the money on myself. That's why I posted a reply explaining where the SatFix Bux went.

Here's a little token of my gratitude for your generous donation. Please accept it in the spirit that its meant...

S_N_S

Try a different transponder to see if it kicks in. If not power down, unplug unit and move module to other slot and then power back up. If same results and everything was stone cold before powering on then the module has gone on a permanent vacation and a new one is needed.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anubis For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Try a different transponder to see if it kicks in. If not power down, unplug unit and move module to other slot and then power back up. If same results and everything was stone cold before powering on then the module has gone on a permanent vacation and a new one is needed.
    Thanks Anubis! Moved the module to the other slot and she locked in like a champ.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charmed_one For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Martini
Message: wHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.HAvein this heat wavethis cold oneFriesPizzaBurgerBeefTrophy 3

I didn't want you to think I was spending the money on myself. That's why I posted a reply explaining where the SatFix Bux went.

Here's a little token of my gratitude for your generous donation. Please accept it in the spirit that its meant...

S_N_S

Good to hear!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anubis For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 157x in 85 Posts

Which module? I am having the same problem.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 17x in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoName View Post
    Which module? I am having the same problem.
    Really strange, but I also had the exact same Issue at almost the exact time as Charmed one. I tried to put the JB200 in slot 2 but no luck. I ordered a new one that came today and it worked great.

The module they are talking about is the JB200 Tuner that your sat line connects to. When you take the cover off, you will see that it come out quite easily but when you put a new one in, if you do, be very careful to make sure the pins go in properly.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imup2it For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,243x in 3,573 Posts
    Items beer
Gift received at 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM from JCO

also before you pull the cover & module...pull the plug... don't plug it back in until you have resat the module... the same applies for a new JB200 if you need one... make sure theres no power when you sit it as a spark could fry it

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hutch For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 157x in 85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hutch View Post
    also before you pull the cover & module...pull the plug... don't plug it back in until you have resat the module... the same applies for a new JB200 if you need one... make sure theres no power when you sit it as a spark could fry it
    Very helpful guys thanks. my jbox is a really old and a clone. wondering if this is an excuse to get a newer one that's hopefully not a clone. thoughts?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Martini

S_N_S

Very helpful guys thanks. my jbox is a really old and a clone. wondering if this is an excuse to get a newer one that's hopefully not a clone. thoughts?
    You will not find anything other than a clone for Jyxnbox now. If your current unit works then I wouldn't bother buying a new unit. No need to spend the money.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Anubis For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 157x in 85 Posts

You will not find anything other than a clone for Jyxnbox now. If your current unit works then I wouldn't bother buying a new unit. No need to spend the money.
    Too bad. It's really a great box with awesome pvr functions. Thanks for the advice. I have to do some research to find a box with comparable pvr functions. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Too bad. It's really a great box with awesome pvr functions. Thanks for the advice. I have to do some research to find a box with comparable pvr functions. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Pvr function never worked for me, playback always glitches after 60 seconds in recording, yet not while watching and recording .

Tried different sticks Inc v2, v3, v23, v30 all same issue even at 3 different locations. And USB different jacks

Except on true fta clear dis.

How you get it to work?