Thread: Stunning, jaw-dropping Aston Martin-Red Bull Racing hypercar launched

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,094x in 3,150 Posts
    Items Whiskey
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 12:31 AM from hedley

Default Stunning, jaw-dropping Aston Martin-Red Bull Racing hypercar launched

Tony DiZinno

Sometimes, words don’t do justice to an item and with the launch of the new Aston Martin-Red Bull Racing AM-RB 001 Hypercar this morning, words aren’t quite as powerful as images.

So here’s the requisite quotes and quick technical details from the launch in Gaydon, today, of the concept conceived by Adrian Newey, Marek Reichman, Aston Martin EVP and Chief Creative Officer and David King, VP and Chief Special Operations Officer.

It’s got a naturally aspirated V12 engine, carbon fiber construction and a 1:1 power to weight ratio.

Said Newey in the team’s release: “I’ve long harbored the desire to design a road car. The formation of Red Bull Advanced Technologies brought me a step closer to realizing that ambition, but I believed we should work with an automotive manufacturer. Aston Martin was at the top of my list.

“I’ve always been adamant that the AM-RB 001 should be a true road car that’s also capable of extreme performance on track, and this means it really has to be a car of two characters. That’s the secret we’re trying to put into this car – the technology that allows it to be docile and comfortable, but with immense outright capabilities.”

Added Aston Martin President and CEO Dr Andy Palmer, “The AM-RB 001 is a truly remarkable project and something of which I’m extremely proud. To have Aston Martin working alongside Adrian Newey, Red Bull Racing and the invaluable assistance of project partner AF Racing AG is an extraordinary creative collaboration. One that unites the very best of road and race car thinking.

Might it have a racing future? It’s too early to say at this point.

And now, more importantly, the photos:

GAYDON, ENGLAND – JULY 05: Andy Palmer- President & Chief Executive Officer, Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd talks on stage at the Aston Martin and Red Bull Racing Project AMRB 001 Unveil on July 5, 2016 at the Aston Martin Headquarters in Gaydon, England on July 5, 2016 in Gaydon, England.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross." -- Sinclair Lewis

The answer is 42

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,243x in 3,573 Posts
    Items beer
Gift received at 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM from JCO

any bets on whether we'll see it in the next James Bond flick?...lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hutch For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,237x in 6,877 Posts
    Items Martini
Gift received at 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM from swanner
Celebration Time, Keep up the good work BudSome beer
Gift received at 07-18-2013, 04:52 PM from marcelect
Message: wHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.HAvein this heat wavethis cold oneFriesPizzaBurgerBeefTrophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM from ICEMANFootball
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 03:44 AM from Styx_N_Stones

'lol I gave him a couple g's and he blew it all in a matter of hrs'

I didn't want you to think I was spending the money on myself. That's why I posted a reply explaining where the SatFix Bux went.

Here's a little token of my gratitude for your generous donation. Please accept it in the spirit that its meant...

S_N_S

One air deflector /week - costly
    Insurance - costly
    Gas - not bad If you don't drive the Autobahn

Is it worth it?
    Yup!!!!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anubis For This Useful Post: