Thread: The Tenors Go Solo...........

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Default The Tenors Go Solo...........

Cobra....
    Well like they say in show biz..............any publicity is good publicity.....at least now we know the name of the Tenors.
    On a side note....the blonde behind home plate was hot!

AP...

SAN DIEGO — Members of The Tenors quickly distanced themselves from a rogue Tenor on Tuesday night after a member of the classical-pop group inserted a political statement into the lyrics of O Canada before the Major League Baseball all-star game in San Diego.

During their on-field performance at Petco Park, a line in the anthem was changed to "We're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." The normal lyric is "With glowing hearts we see thee rise, the True North strong and free."
    On Facebook, members of the British Columbia-based quartet blamed the alteration on Remigio Pereira, saying he acted as a "lone wolf" who changed the anthem to "serve his own political views."
    Their statement said they are "deeply sorry" and "shocked and embarrassed" over what they term the "disrespectful and misguided lack of judgment by one member of the group."
    "The actions of one member of this group were extremely selfish and he will not be performing with The Tenors until further notice," said the statement.
    "Our sincere apologies and regrets go out to everybody who witnessed this shameful act, to our fellow Canadians, to Major League Baseball, to our friends, families, fans and to all those affected."
    Pereira — who sang the altered lyric alone and drew a sideways glance from the Tenor to his left — also held up a sign during the performance saying "All Lives Matter." The words "United We Stand" were written on the back of the sign.
    "I've been so moved lately by the tragic loss of life and I hoped for a positive statement that would bring us all together," Pereira later explained on Twitter.
    "That was my singular motivation when I said all lives matter."
    Although the audio wasn't crystal-clear at the park, many fans reacted with surprise. The Canadian anthem wasn't shown live on U.S. television, but it aired in Canada, where the decision to change the words drew a firestorm of criticism on social media.
    The Juno Award-winning group, which also includes Clifton Murray, Fraser Walters and Victor Micallef, has recorded multiple platinum albums in Canada.
    Major League Baseball was also taken by surprise by the lyric change. Spokesman Matt Bourne told The Associated Press they "had no idea" Pereira intended to make a political statement.
    San Diego was also home to another controversial rendition of an anthem in July 1990 when actress Roseanne Barr delivered a shrieking, crotch-grabbing version of The Star Spangled Banner.
    Barr was roundly mocked and ridiculed for her performance at Jack Murphy Stadium, where the Padres played at the time, and also drew a sharp rebuke from then-president George Bush.
    The term "All Lives Matter" was born in controversy into the American political vocabulary last year. In the heat of a debate over police shootings, presidential candidate Martin O'Malley uttered the phrase at a Democratic party forum. He was booed and later apologized.
    Some viewed it as an innocuous statement. Conservatives ridiculed O'Malley for apologizing, and Donald Trump called him a weak, pathetic baby.
    Others saw that phrase as anything but innocent — critics said it was designed to squash a nascent national conversation about police-related violence against African-Americans by switching the subject.
    Tuesday's incident follows a series of "Black Lives Matter" protests prompted by two police shootings in the United States that left two black men dead and last Friday's deadly sniper attack on Dallas police officers.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,420x in 1,236 Posts
    Items Guitar2CanadaImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM from

i didn't see the hawt girl...?
    HIT THE *THANKS* IF YOU"RE THANKFUL
    I'M CURRENTLY TESTING BUT NOT RECEIVING - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RECEIVE

SEARCH TOOL SITE RULES WHO's WHO?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fonger For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by fonger View Post
    i didn't see the hawt girl...?
    She was a little bit MILF but doable............about 3 rows up behind the plate, first wearing white top then changed to blue tank top.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,366x in 852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
    She was a little bit MILF but doable............about 3 rows up behind the plate, first wearing white top then changed to blue tank top.
    yup hawt

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kenkell1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by kenkell1 View Post
    yup hawt
    I`m not a Jays fan but I`ll tip my cap to the cameraman that does their games........he has a good eye for some of the finer aspects of the game.