Thread: ACAMD help genpix/dvblogic

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default ACAMD help genpix/dvblogic

I have an htpc/server setup that I've had setup for about 2 years, then recently set back up. it's win 7, 2 genpix skywalker 2, dvblogic with ACAMD/NEWCAMD. aimed at 110,119,129. when I set back up, I updated all transponders. The problem I'm having is everything but most hd channels arent working, I get a cannot decode from acamd monitor not sure if it's a server issue or acamd issue. cant remember all hd channels off the top of my head, but 9419 is one of the most important to me, but it seems to be most of the 129w thats why i'm wondering if it's a server issue

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Um, the format of the stream from the satellites have changed. It is now 8PSK and not QPSK anymore for all but the local TPs (by and large), I suspect that will be the reason you are having trouble. Lots of threads point this out over the last year or so since the change.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jvvh5897 View Post
    Um, the format of the stream from the satellites have changed. It is now 8PSK and not QPSK anymore for all but the local TPs (by and large), I suspect that will be the reason you are having trouble. Lots of threads point this out over the last year or so since the change.
    I am aware of that, and all my transponder files are updates correct tp, fec, modulation etc. I am able to scan all channels in, my problem is most channels on 129 will not decode in acamd monitor, I dont have a regular fta stb to test and see if these channels are working on the box, I have good signal and lock, my problem is with acamd or server i believe.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marvelouzone View Post
    I am aware of that, and all my transponder files are updates correct tp, fec, modulation etc. I am able to scan all channels in, my problem is most channels on 129 will not decode in acamd monitor, I dont have a regular fta stb to test and see if these channels are working on the box, I have good signal and lock, my problem is with acamd or server i believe.
    Did you always use acamd? I am not familiar with acamd but used N3XT in the past which was developed for the us market.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,785x in 6,144 Posts
    Items HookahA BeerFootballGolfACDCGuitar2street BikeCheckered Flag

I have been using Skywalker1 and Acamd for years and all working well. My guess would be in updating the Sat.ini transponder files making sure that Turbo is included along with 8Psk. I am not familiar with DvBlogic but Acamd is working fine. Must be an error in the Sat files.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

acamd should have a log file to troubleshoot.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15x in 11 Posts

in tv server config for dvblogic you must change all the 0 to a 1 <Encrypt>1</Encrypt> this should help and transponder files must be adjusted as well to scan turbo like so 1=12224,V,21500,23,Turbo-8PSK
    channels can be a mess to sort with dvblogic but well worth the dual guide info if your using both north and south that can get messy lol can set it up to download from zapit tvguide and set it up with the zapit2 tool have to do some reading i had it working for a while to test worked well 2 weeks at a time colored genre but had problems with win 10 and media center getting everything to link up win 7 works best for beginners
    Last edited by sumerian78; 09-23-2016 at 05:40 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 79x in 37 Posts
    Items Wireless Access

Quote Originally Posted by sumerian78 View Post
    in tv server config for dvblogic you must change all the 0 to a 1 <Encrypt>1</Encrypt> this should help and transponder files must be adjusted as well to scan turbo like so 1=12224,V,21500,23,Turbo-8PSK
    channels can be a mess to sort with dvblogic but well worth the dual guide info if your using both north and south that can get messy lol can set it up to download from zapit tvguide and set it up with the zapit2 tool have to do some reading i had it working for a while to test worked well 2 weeks at a time colored genre but had problems with win 10 and media center getting everything to link up win 7 works best for beginners
    that right hd channels are working also in the new dvb logic server some config folder change where they are in the past