Thread: Ciel 129: where did they all go?

I'm in Scarberia, East part of Toronto these dayz.e
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 32 Posts

Default Ciel 129: where did they all go?

I thought I saw a thread on this site a while back about how to pull in more channels by adjusting settings- I have a Dreamlink T5, I have just set up for DN Ciel 129 & am a bit disappointed in not just the # of watchable HD channels there are, but also that many that used to appear in my previous setup before September 2015 no longer appear when I scan. Where they moved to another satellite? I've searched the site, if one of the experts could either send a url or some advice or confirmation that would be great.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

I'm no expert but there are 16 conus tp's on that bird. Out of those 16 there are roughly 150 + or -. Rule on tweaking of any given bird is to use the weakest tp and go from there.

The above # excludes mirrors. Probably be double the # or more if they are included...say 350 + or -. Mirrors are useless for the most part.
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 09-13-2016 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added info

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 45x in 36 Posts
    Items Cash
Gift received at 03-17-2020, 04:28 PM from BluegrassCheetos
Gift received at 03-17-2020, 04:28 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 03-17-2020, 04:28 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 03-17-2020, 04:28 PM from BluegrassDish
Gift received at 03-17-2020, 04:28 PM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 03-16-2020, 04:03 AM from BluegrassATV
Gift received at 03-16-2020, 04:03 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 03-16-2020, 04:03 AM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by tOr0nTo View Post
    I thought I saw a thread on this site a while back about how to pull in more channels by adjusting settings- I have a Dreamlink T5, I have just set up for DN Ciel 129 & am a bit disappointed in not just the # of watchable HD channels there are, but also that many that used to appear in my previous setup before September 2015 no longer appear when I scan. Where they moved to another satellite? I've searched the site, if one of the experts could either send a url or some advice or confirmation that would be great.
    I am interested to set up a dish to get 129 but only if it is worth it for the HD channels. T5 here too. Have you found anymore channels on it or any info like what service if any support it?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redrooster For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
    I am interested to set up a dish to get 129 but only if it is worth it for the HD channels. T5 here too. Have you found anymore channels on it or any info like what service if any support it?
    Any IKS service that supports DN (South) will do 129. It has the majority of hd, in fact no SD at all, so is a big plus to get.

I'm not sure abour sports channels, I don't use it for that. As for everything else, it's still worth it although a few channels, maybe 20% of what USED to be available, are now scrambled. For a while there the IDC channel 9425 came in but doesn't anymore but I can still watch it on 192.

One good thing I discovered: you don't need a dish bigger than the usual 20 incher to pull it in fine, at least here in the Toronto area. Aiming is a bit of a challenge if you just have a simple aimer but I managed with a bit of slow aiming.

Oh and one thing: if you have your T5 tuned to a 119 channel when tuning 129 in, it might not show that it's pointed at 129 even when it is. It takes some playing around with different channels. I forget offhand what channel I had it at.
    Last edited by tOr0nTo; 11-07-2016 at 03:40 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 36x in 22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tOr0nTo View Post
    I wonder if you haven't used it for a while, that we had to manually change the scan settings last spring?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Conetech For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conetech View Post
    I wonder if you haven't used it for a while, that we had to manually change the scan settings last spring?
    It's been a while since I started this thread. Anyway once I got it aimed right I had no problem scanning channels in. More are scrambled than last year, is all.

If there is indeed any different scan adjustments that might help, I'd like to know... such as scanning specific tp's with different settings?...