Tony DiZinno

Alexis DeJoria will miss this weekend’s NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series season finale at Pomona Raceway with a concussion, following a crash at Las Vegas.

DeJoria sustained an accident following a mechanical-induced malfunction, which sent her Tequila Patron Toyota Camry Funny Car across the road at Las Vegas.

She was diagnosed with concussion-like symptoms at the time and later evaluated at home in Austin, and was diagnosed with a concussion.

Jeff Arend, a series veteran, will fill in this weekend. DeJoria missed additional races earlier this year with a fractured pelvis.

“It takes two weeks for these symptoms to subside and even then, because of the trauma from the concussion, it would be unsafe for me to race this weekend,” DeJoria said, via NHRA.com.

“To go out and get behind the wheel of a 10,000-horsepower race car with its high g-forces and the possibility of tire shake, would just be too traumatic for my head in its sensitive state. I’ve never been a quitter and never will be, but I must accept my fate and sit this last race out.”