Thread: combine 1000.4 and 1000.2

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

Default combine 1000.4 and 1000.2

I have a private server utilizing the western arc and the 1000.4 dish. Of course I am hitting the 61.5, 72.7 and 77 satellites. I also still have my 1000.2 dish up and pointed at 110, 199 and 129 satellites. I am running a jynxbox HD and a ilink 9500 with good results.

The private server I am using includes both eastern and western arc and was wondering if it made any sense to combine the two dishes to bring in all 6 satellites into my receivers? Is there any advantage to doing this?

If I would like to do this, could I simply run a cable between the two dishes? If I do that, what would my settings be? As far as LNB settings on the receiver etc?

Thank you in advance for any help on this!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 236x in 182 Posts

You could use a SW21 switch to connect the 2 dishes but to only 1 receiver!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

You would need to run a line from each dish to each receiver and combine them with either a SW21 or 22Khz switch (1 switch for each receiver). Not sure which one would work best for that combination of lnb's & receivers.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

An SW21 wont work too good with this type of setup,(it will get a bit confused with the Diseqc commands for the internal switches, an SW21 is also a legacy switch) so a standard 22 KHz switch should be used,(one for each receiver) but it has to be able to pass the upper band on the band-stacking LNB used by the Dish1000 systems.( It should be able to pass up to 3 GHz)

Also the two Dishes will need their own DP44 power inserter, one for each dish.

Now the best way is to dump the Dish 1000's and go with two elliptical dishes, each dish having a standard single satellite LNB on it, one for each satellite.
    Then a Diseqc 2.0 switch can be used.
    Last edited by Terryl; 12-12-2016 at 10:42 PM.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?