Joe Menzer

Go Fas Racing announced Thursday that Matt DiBenedetto will drive the No. 32 Ford for the team in the NASCAR Premier Series in 2017.

DiBenedetto recently ended his relationship with BK Racing, the team he drove for in the series for a total of 68 starts in the 2015 and 2016 seasons. He posted his best career finish of sixth at tine spring race at Bristol last season, when he finished 35th in points for the second year in a row.

"I am very excited to join Go Fas Racing for the 2017 season," DiBenedetto said. "We have a great group of people that I am very excited to work with this season. I am thankful for the opportunity and I look forward to representing the team and sponsors to the best of my ability."

Go Fas Racing owner Archie St. Hilaire said he is looking forward to the opportunity to focus on having one driver in the seat for all 36 scheduled races in the upcoming season. Eight different drivers shared the ride last season, including Bobby Labonte and Jeffrey Earnhardt, and the organization has never fielded a team with the same driver in the car from week to week since it began attempting to run the full 36-race schedule in 2014.

"I couldn't be happier to have Matt joining us here here at GFR," St. Hilaire said. "This will be our first season in the Premier Series with one driver running the complete season for us. We believe Matt's driving ability and a fleet of newer race equipment purchased this off season will elevate our program to new levels in 2017."

In other related news, Wood Brothers Racing announced on Twitter that it had, in fact, leased the No. 32 charter from Go Fas Racing for next year. That's because the Wood Brothers did not have a charter and now they can use that one to make sure their driver, Ryan Blaney, is guaranteed to compete in all 36 races next season.