Thread: iks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 911x in 249 Posts

Default iks

was asked if openbox does iks said I use it for cband so don't know do u guys know.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Maybe yes, maybe no. There is internet port on the box and the menu of the box/file I use has a place to put in info, but I don't do IKS either. I think most use it for true FTA as it does not do turbo FEC 8psk as required for south prov, but as the north prov is still a more standard signal it might be used for that. Just judging from the cost to buy one, I would say it is limited.

http://www.satfix.to/showthread.php?...ter-for-hd-iks
    is old thread on the topic
    Last edited by jvvh5897; 12-22-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 911x in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jvvh5897 View Post
    Maybe yes, maybe no. There is internet port on the box and the menu of the box/file I use has a place to put in info, but I don't do IKS either. I think most use it for true FTA as it does not do turbo FEC 8psk as required for south prov, but as the north prov is still a more standard signal it might be used for that. Just judging from the cost to buy one, I would say it is limited.

http://www.satfix.to/showthread.php?...ter-for-hd-iks
    is old thread on the topic
    thxs jvv will pass on info.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

iks capable ? yes , Turbo 8psk ? NO ! so you only would get 5-10 Channels at best. a few transponders are still non turbo. No EPG either, PowerVu patch working for cband on openbox x5 AFN channels 99w testing out well.