Thread: Lambda creator of genesis and exodus is retiring!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,450x in 1,400 Posts
    Items Mexico
Gift received at 03-28-2014, 12:29 AM from hedley
Gift received at 06-19-2013, 10:30 PM from darlinkat
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 03:10 PM from ICEMAN

Default Lambda creator of genesis and exodus is retiring!

LAMBDA CREATOR OF GENESIS AND EXODUS IS RETIRING!

Lambda, the creator of Exodus and previously Genesis has announced tonight that he is retiring. We can have a very long and detailed discussion on what exactly happened but that would not change anything but create more tension and of course it will not change the sad news that the best 3rd party developer of KODI addons has abandoned Exodus and TV Addons. Now Exodus is left to TV Addons and some other developer may carry on with it’s development but no details were given.
    Even though I personally do not agree with the code the developer had introduced into his previous version of Exodus, it is disappointing see him leave and especially in this way. Lambda in those last seven years was the best of the 3rd party developers, had never provoked or took part into drama and gave a lot (together with other great developers especially from TV Addons) into the community. And if he did an error of judgement, he is still human after all. Luckily we can still enjoy his work as he maintains some very good addons in the Official KODI Repository.
    KODI users can still enjoy similar addons like ZEN by Schism (which is actually a fork of Exodus even though it created it’s own path lately), SALTS by TK Norris, Specto by MrkNow (the Genesis fork),Velocity by Blazetamer and iStream by XUnity Talk. Also we still have to wait what the fate of Exodus will be and if the new developer can continue the amazing work of his predecessor.
    As a final note, I would like to thank Lambda for everything that he created and shared with everybody, without never asking anything in return! Exodus (and Genesis earlier) was the actual 3rd party development and the reason why KODI became so popular. And of course all of his other contributions in code that helped and continue helping other addons in order to work.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Angel Eyes For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

He's just having another tantrum very unfortunate it is a good app someone will carry it forward. Metalkettle is my favorite 3rd party developer.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,366x in 852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hanky View Post
    He's just having another tantrum very unfortunate it is a good app someone will carry it forward. Metalkettle is my favorite 3rd party developer.
    you are correct...another temper tantrum. I like metalkettle as well over exodus. NaviX is still good as well.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kenkell1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

Metalkettle has given some support to Dandy Media check out all his new apps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts

What code did he introduce that you disagree with? I'm out of the loop on the behind the scenes.

Exodus has been my go to for on demand content since it's inception. Genesis before that. Sad to hear that it might fall apart.