Thread: Antoine Vermette 10 game Suspension

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Default Antoine Vermette 10 game Suspension

Cobra....The NHL today handed down an automatic 10 game suspension to Vermette for touching an official without intent to injure... it`s the right call by the rule......HOWEVER.....the official (linesman) in question should also receive a lengthy suspension for inciting and escalating the situation leading to Vermette`s indiscretion. Over the last few years(esp with wide audiences in the playoffs) linesman have come to the conclusion we turn in to watch them hold mini-conferences in every faceoff circle along with fake drops etc etc. How many times have you heard...."drop the freakin` puck"?. Officials inciting players isn`t something new and the NHL will indeed back their officials but besides punishing the player I would also like them to hold the official in question held responsible for his actions. Watch how many times in how many faceoffs the official in question incited Vermette to the point Vermette made his indiscretion.

TSN
    Vermette was ejected in the third period of his team's win over the Minnesota Wild Tuesday night for intentionally slashing a linesman after a faceoff. Vermette was given a 10-minute game misconduct for the incident.

The 34-year-old centre appeared upset with the ref after a faceoff before intentionally hitting him in the back of the leg with his stick.
    Vermette's infraction falls under Rule 40.3 of the NHL rule book, which calls for an automatic 10-game suspension.
    Rule 40.3 states: Any player who deliberately applies physical force to an official in any manner (excluding actions as set out in Category I), which physical force is applied without intent to injure, or who spits on an official, shall be automatically suspended for not less than ten (10) games.
    Category I infractions (Rule 40.2) deal with intent to injure infractions and carries an automatic 20-game suspension.
    Vermette, who was bought out by the Arizona Coyotes last summer, has eight goals and 14 points in 58 games with Anaheim. He is playing in the first season of a two-year with Ducks.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,083x in 4,688 Posts
    Items Ying & yangRepCheckered FlagGolfCrown RoyalFootballGreeceCanada

I saw that this morning during TSN sports center highlights ...
    dumb play on Vermettes part gonna cost him 370,000 large !

expensive lesson to learn ...... gotta keep emotions in check

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TLG For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by TLG View Post
    I saw that this morning during TSN sports center highlights ...
    dumb play on Vermettes part gonna cost him 370,000 large !

expensive lesson to learn ...... gotta keep emotions in check
    Of course you`re right pal...................but for the life of me I don`t know how players do keep themselves from whacking a linesman`s shins during a faceoff because he`s being an ass in the circle. I`m shocked this doesn`t happen a lot more often.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,931x in 902 Posts
    Items Hockey
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 03:07 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:53 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-04-2020, 05:41 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 01-03-2020, 08:22 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 12-30-2019, 11:42 PM from Bluegrass

wow 10 games is steep, stupid play, but Cobra is right all these fake puck drops and meetings in between draws is sad I remember a few yrs ago in the playoffs this started, and it became a main stay in the way they drop the disc....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sonicmario For This Useful Post:

TLG