Thread: Marc Bergevin Press Conference

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Default Marc Bergevin Press Conference

TSN

Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin says firing Michel Therrien as head coach was a difficult decision but a necessary one for the good of the organization.

"Michel and I worked very closely together over the past five years," Bergevin told a news conference at the team's practice arena Wednesday.
    "We fought some big battles and experienced strong emotions together ... our working relationship has always been marked by intensity, sincerity and emotion and our meeting yesterday was no different.
    "That being said, I've reached the conclusion we were at a turning point and that is why I decided to make this change in the club's best interests."
    Bergevin called Therrien's replacement, Claude Julien, one of the best coaches in the NHL and the ideal man to turn around the slumping franchise.
    Julien, who coached the Canadiens between 2003 and 2006, became available when he was fired in his 10th season with the Boston Bruins last week. It's believed some other teams were also interested in the 56-year-old coach.
    The Canadiens opened the season with a 13-1-1 mark but have been listless over the last two months and have a 2-6-1 record in their last nine games.
    There was fear of another collapse like last season, when the club was in first place but went on to miss the playoffs after star goalie Carey Price was injured.

Cobra...
    "as Price goes so do the Habs".....it`s a saying that Habs fans hate but it`s evident that it`s the truth. Last year the Habs fell like a boulder into the pit of doom when Price got injured. This season after a blistering 13-1 record and first place the Habs have barely been playing .500 hockey. Price`s stats of 24-14-5 including a 13-1 start with a GAA 2.46 and a SV% .917 are hardly Vezina making for the best goalie in the world. I don`t watch the Habs enough to come to a conclusion if it`s the Habs team that is responsible for Price`s numbers in decline or Price himself having a bad stretch. My guess is that it`s a little of both and that`s why a coaching change was necessary.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416x in 611 Posts

give me a break, there DOOMED LMAO

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaybird1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

Price has been softie for weeks now...Montoya has been getting starts lately because of it. I think it was a coach change the locker room was looking for. Guess we will see by trade deadline.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hanky View Post
    Price has been softie for weeks now...Montoya has been getting starts lately because of it. I think it was a coach change the locker room was looking for. Guess we will see by trade deadline.
    I fully agree...........I said the day he got hired he was much too strict a taskmaster for today`s youth. Therrien was rigid in his ways and never changed with the times.....but the players have. Therrien had to go.....I`m suspecting the Habs will play a much better game in the near future.........maybe even a "low five".

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

I guess it took a 5yr deal to get him back after getting thrown under the bus has time. All the best to him great guy.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hanky View Post
    I guess it took a 5yr deal to get him back after getting thrown under the bus has time. All the best to him great guy.
    That and $5.8..............LOL