Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Like Mike........

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Default I Like Mike........

As a Leafs fan I`m getting to like Mike Babcock more and more by the week if not by the day. Besides via the draft etc he`s developing a legitimate hockey team that may very well contend for the Cup in the near future (3)yrs he`s seemingly done the impossible. He has managed to pretty much shut the holes in the faces of all those irresponsible, headline inventing whores of the Toronto Sports Media who have played a huge part in the non development of the Leafs for decades. "Stamkos is coming, Tavares is coming, it`s Kessel`s fault, it`s Phaneuf`s fault" goalie contraversy after goalie contraversy, head coach after head coach have been only a few examples of their irresponsible accomplishments to the point that no one wants to come to play hockey in Toronto.
    About a week and a half ago Andersen had a couple bad games in a row and McIlhenny(new backup) came in and had a good game saving that game...........out came the scavengers by the droves writing story after story calling that McIlhenny may start now which was nonsense. Along with that they created a scenario that Nylander was the rumor of trades....story after story. Yes he was the center of the rumor......the one the Toronto Media started. This is a kid don`t forget.......having false rumors printed about him everywhere is supposed to help his development??? Toronto is full of kids right now, their egos, confidence etc are frail when it comes to the media beating on them relentlessly for no other reason than to sell their story. So what did Babcock do....on air just before an interview he warned Mark Masters in no uncertain terms to think first and ask second...Masters did as he was threatened because he wouldn`t be writing many stories if Babcock shut him and others from the dressing room as he did in Detroit on a couple occasions when writers printed garbage "detrimental to the team".
    Well funny thing happened since that day a couple weeks ago.......the next day all positives were written about the players and the team, the Leafs generated very few stories but the Toronto sports boys took to running the Habs...story after story telling the Habs what was wrong with their team, who would fix it, is there a problem with Price, who to trade for etc etc story after story continuing to the present.
    Babs was interviewed today on Leafs Lunch with reporters chomping to find out about Mitch Marner and a couple other moves as far as possible trades..............Babs gave them nothing...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING past the "upper body thing" and a fistful of "i don`t knows"....then left. I loved it....every Leafs fan should love it. Finally someone has come along to stand up to these blowhards, call a spade a spade and leave them out in the cold where they can`t do the damage to the Leafs that they have done in the past. Mind you.....don`t expect the media to go down without a fight...we can expect some sensational storyline they`ll either invent or embellish to gain some of their recognition back again. Watch your back Babs....those guys have long memories and will pounce en masse the second something goes wrong. Media frauds stick together like glue right or wrong and pounce like wolves at the weakest point.

Till that happens....Way to go Mike, great job.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,931x in 902 Posts
    Items Hockey
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 03:07 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:53 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-04-2020, 05:41 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 01-03-2020, 08:22 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 12-30-2019, 11:42 PM from Bluegrass

Great post Cobra, and that is the truth, we finally have a management team that will tell those media goofs, where to go, I caught the leafs lunch show today, and Babcock didnt give them a thing, when they asked on how busy trade deadline for the buds would be, he told leafs lunch to find something better to do with there time because toronto isnt doing anything, lol I laughed thinking to myself i bet trades will happen but he will not give the media and ounce of anything relevant so they dont have a pot to pee in to write facts about the leafs

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sonicmario For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,149x in 5,732 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

Well...he's no Peter Horachek , and he does look a little like a muppets character, but he's one heck of a good coach.Leafs got 100% better the day he signed on.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by The Noof View Post
    Well...he's no Peter Horachek , and he does look a little like a muppets character, but he's one heck of a good coach.Leafs got 100% better the day he signed on.
    "Muppets character"??....2 words.........Homer Simpson.......................LOL............great coach as well.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by sonicmario View Post
    Great post Cobra, and that is the truth, we finally have a management team that will tell those media goofs, where to go, I caught the leafs lunch show today, and Babcock didnt give them a thing, when they asked on how busy trade deadline for the buds would be, he told leafs lunch to find something better to do with there time because toronto isnt doing anything, lol I laughed thinking to myself i bet trades will happen but he will not give the media and ounce of anything relevant so they dont have a pot to pee in to write facts about the leafs
    When they get put in their place they used to strike out and invent their own trade scenarios for the Leafs brass to deny...if they didn`t deny...therefore it must be true kinda idea. We`ll see if they try it here to excess because you know they`ll say something before deadline. Their problem is they get steam rolling and can`t stop if the story sells.......they`d trade Matthews and Marner both if they could get a year`s press out of it.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

Either way they should pull the trigger for 2 defenseman and make a run for the cup. It could be a now or never thing, most rookies don't have as good of yr in their second term. Should that happen they will need all 5 yrs to rebound with their strategy and the media will devour them. In the past the leafs have had many 5yr failure plans , what makes them think doing nothing is productive again. I think bringing LOU on board was a big mistake and will jeopardize this team and Babb's

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hanky View Post
    Either way they should pull the trigger for 2 defenseman and make a run for the cup. It could be a now or never thing, most rookies don't have as good of yr in their second term. Should that happen they will need all 5 yrs to rebound with their strategy and the media will devour them. In the past the leafs have had many 5yr failure plans , what makes them think doing nothing is productive again. I think bringing LOU on board was a big mistake and will jeopardize this team and Babb's
    The problem with pulling the trigger on getting 2 defensemen........defensemen aren`t cheap so who do you trade to get them and how much of the farm do you give up to do it for even one defenseman. The Leafs in the past have done just that ....sold the farm dumped good draft picks etc for who exactly??? I`d prefer they stayed the course...maybe buy someone in the summer instead of trading. In the past the Leafs eye for talent would be called "questionable" at best under Dave Morrison at the draft table. We`ll agree on Lou tho......old school brain and ideas for younger generation players doesn`t always fit...look at whee it got Therrien in Montreal. I don`t see much if anything by the Leafs at deadline........the Habs on the other hand are beginning to look at their window starting to close so they will indeed make some moves for the now because later isn`t as much as an option.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 301x in 187 Posts
    Items TVthe travel gnomeDishCrown RoyalHockey

lol. if it were that easy it would have been done, who are these two defensemen? almost every other team with the exception of a few are looking for top D men, no doubt toronto is thin on D and their weak point after Rielly, Zietsev and you could throw Gardiner in there but there are too many things to consider and don't forget the leafs will need to submit a protected list of players to the league for the expansion Vegas team which complicates things even more, I don't expect much this trade deadline as I do not see anything substantial to be had on the market or anything long term that will help the leafs without jepordizing what they are doing now, Lou has made good moves since joining the leafs and I only see him improving the team with the right type of move(s) at the right time, if something is out there that works I see Lou pulling the trigger, if you would have said last season that the leafs will be a serious contendor this year and should go for a cup now most would laugh and probably say your on something, for once the leafs are doing things right and are fun to watch and follow again, making rash moves for the now has been done too many times and we have all seen how that has worked out, I for one am pleased with the huge jump the team has made this year and would rather wait for the right move in order to be good for years to come and not just the hear and now

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bobby For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 517x in 205 Posts
    Items Cheetos
Gift received at 01-12-2020, 02:48 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-12-2020, 02:48 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-12-2020, 02:48 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-12-2020, 02:48 AM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 01-12-2020, 02:48 AM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-08-2020, 02:11 AM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 08:15 PM from BluegrassDish
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 02:18 AM from Bluegrass

this plan always looks good stepping back and looking ahead in 5 yrs or say even 3 which i look at this team now and say "yes they will be good", and being a penguins fan am glad they finally have a path that looks like it MIGHT workout, but i've seen in pittsburgh when all these young kids want to get paid it falls apart and heaven forbid they actually win the cup because you will see an average defenseman seeking to get paid millions over what they are worth and this will rub off on everybody trust me i've seen it happen alot. success always leads to overpaying watch and see.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scooby8888 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,149x in 5,732 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    lol. if it were that easy it would have been done, who are these two defensemen? almost every other team with the exception of a few are looking for top D men, no doubt toronto is thin on D and their weak point after Rielly, Zietsev and you could throw Gardiner in there but there are too many things to consider and don't forget the leafs will need to submit a protected list of players to the league for the expansion Vegas team which complicates things even more, I don't expect much this trade deadline as I do not see anything substantial to be had on the market or anything long term that will help the leafs without jepordizing what they are doing now, Lou has made good moves since joining the leafs and I only see him improving the team with the right type of move(s) at the right time, if something is out there that works I see Lou pulling the trigger, if you would have said last season that the leafs will be a serious contendor this year and should go for a cup now most would laugh and probably say your on something, for once the leafs are doing things right and are fun to watch and follow again, making rash moves for the now has been done too many times and we have all seen how that has worked out, I for one am pleased with the huge jump the team has made this year and would rather wait for the right move in order to be good for years to come and not just the hear and now
    The GREAT sports teams always manage to get it done bro:look at the Patriots,& any top team in any sport.It starts with a system & a philosophy born at the top.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

Edmonton gave up Hall for Larson and that's worked for both teams. Edmonton's on there way to the playoffs is Lou that blind. Why not trade that bum kadri who is having a over achieving yr and get something before he turns to **** again.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Edmonton gave up Hall for Larson and that's worked for both teams. Edmonton's on there way to the playoffs is Lou that blind. Why not trade that bum kadri who is having a over achieving yr and get something before he turns to **** again.
    We share the same opinion re Kadri, he plays for Kadri IMHO.........but we`ll never get rid of him. If you notice when he`s bad he`s the one guy that seems to escape all the major criticism even for his questionable hits....when he`s good there are interviews and clippings all over the place. Did you ever hear his name in any of the trade rumors the media invents??? No....and if you ask why to these many questions re Kadri...just take a look at the lower bowl of the ACC during a Leafs game and you`ll know the reason why.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

The Leafs don`t have a Taylor Hall to give up......and their "depth" up front strictly revolves around 1st yr players in Matthews and Marner. They aren`t going anywhere.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    Nice post...I agree wholeheartedly...........stay the course.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by The Noof View Post
    The GREAT sports teams always manage to get it done bro:look at the Patriots,& any top team in any sport.It starts with a system & a philosophy born at the top.
    Absolutely correct....great teams start with the guys that are building them...............the Leafs just lately retained hockey men to form a hockey team.........before that it was MLSE and the teachers neither caring if the Leafs won as long as the dividends kept rising........results are obvious.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast