Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Like Mike........

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

Playing the draft is a 50/50 thing Edmonton had the first pick along with Buffalo for about 15yrs only Pittsburg has made that work. Staying the path and losing is contagious , the media gripes and the players except losing, after a few yrs the team is full of losers and a fire sale is needed. They are in a good place right now to pull the trigger ,either way they are not going to finish low enough to get a good draft pick in the soft draft coming up. Vegas /Colo/Arizona have locked up the first 3 already. Kadri would be my pick to throw at the bus.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hanky View Post
    Playing the draft is a 50/50 thing Edmonton had the first pick along with Buffalo for about 15yrs only Pittsburg has made that work. Staying the path and losing is contagious , the media gripes and the players except losing, after a few yrs the team is full of losers and a fire sale is needed. They are in a good place right now to pull the trigger ,either way they are not going to finish low enough to get a good draft pick in the soft draft coming up. Vegas /Colo/Arizona have locked up the first 3 already. Kadri would be my pick to throw at the bus.
    In case you hadn`t noticed the Leafs have already had their fire sale so to speak.......Kessel is gone, Phaneuf gone, Lupul sidelined forever just for starts. The malignant core of the Leafs is gone and their replacements are youth of great talent(at least up front).......the Leafs problems this and many previous years is the total lack of defense is demonstrated last nite vs the Sens in yet another blown 3rd period lead. If the Leafs would have retained even half of their 3rd period leads this season they would be sitting comfortably in 1st place. The second half of every season and escalating into the playoffs teams with poor defense fall to the wayside as the ice gets smaller and smaller the deeper you go into the playoffs.
    So what do you trade?????....certainly not their youth movement that has been responsible for bringing the Leafs at least to respectability. An NHL caliber defenseman on average takes 2-3 yrs longer than a forward to develop esp a defensive defenseman, a stopper if you will. If I`m the Leafs I`d wonder what the likes of Kadri, Gardiner + in a pkg would bring me. But Kadri isn`t going anywhere for reasons I`ve mentioned....that`s the way it is even tho many don`t like it. He sells...and let`s face it that`s what MLSE loves, the media loves him cause he`s got a big mouth and is a walking storyline at any given moment.
    The way I see it is the Leafs if anything have to trade for prospects, good ones, on defense cause like you mentioned it`s a weak draft this year and they won`t finish low enough for the lottery anyway. Teams don`t like getting rid of defenensive prospects so that`s why I don`t see much movement in the Leafs.....they have time on their side right now and hopefully they don`t blow out what they have started.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

There is a bright side here...............somebody in Toronto will predict exactly what moves the Leafs make. I say that because between now and trade deadline March 1 all these know nothing blowhard sport writers in Toronto will cover every possible scenario that the Leafs should do........odds say that somebody is bound to have bragging rights of an "I told you so".

The bright side? MLB season is about to begin where about half of these "experts" telling us "how to" with the Leafs magically transform into Baseball experts and tell everyone what`s wrong and how to fix the Blue Jays.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,931x in 902 Posts
    Items Hockey
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 03:07 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:53 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-04-2020, 05:41 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 01-03-2020, 08:22 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 12-30-2019, 11:42 PM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
    There is a bright side here...............somebody in Toronto will predict exactly what moves the Leafs make. I say that because between now and trade deadline March 1 all these know nothing blowhard sport writers in Toronto will cover every possible scenario that the Leafs should do........odds say that somebody is bound to have bragging rights of an "I told you so".

The bright side? MLB season is about to begin where about half of these "experts" telling us "how to" with the Leafs magically transform into Baseball experts and tell everyone what`s wrong and how to fix the Blue Jays.
    haha yep they will go on about Josh Donaldson's Calf for the next few weeks, or how Stroman will pitch with 2.00 era and Bautista will Jack 50 lol, I agree Cobra they cant Mortgage the future, but the D thing is very worry some, Gardiner with about 5-10 good giveways last night he is a legit number 4 lol
    Last edited by sonicmario; 02-19-2017 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sonicmario For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by sonicmario View Post
    haha yep they will go on about Josh Donaldson's Calf for the next few weeks, or how Stroman will pitch with 2.00 era and Bautista will Jack 50 lol, I agree Cobra they cant Mortgage the future, but the D thing is very worry some, Gardiner with about 5-10 good giveways last night he is a legit number 4 lol
    Funny it was just a couple seasons ago when Mr Neverwas(Zahn) and Howdy Doody(Campbell) were both comparing Stroman, Estrada and Sanchez to Justin Verlander and explaining how all 3 were better than Verlander. That little boastful prediction didn`t work out too well. Bautista is another story....this guy has got to be dragging one heavy tail back to Toronto after being humiliated in public in his jump to free agency and finding out nobody wanted him. I guess you can eat a lot of pride for $17 mil tho...I know I would.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Back to hockey.....Gardiner with all the giveaways and getting caught up ice was a major contribution in the reason Phaneuf took all the heat he did. Phaneuf wasn`t a star but he was a decent defenseman constantly being left alone by Gardiner. It didn`t help that Phaneuf was slow of foot which compounded the issue........but Phaneuf was the problem because Phaneuf had the bigger contract and would fetch more in a trade so he had to go. MLSE at it`s best. Getting their media to make them a star and blaming them when things go wrong.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Their not hurting anything by trading a few players they have in T.O. The only one playing from 2016 th draft is Mathews ,not that big of a fire sale when you take a look at it. More of a fix on the fly Burke plan. lol . Phaneuf was a bigger man then anyone in T.O. for all the crap he took , glad he's doing good and enjoying playing again. There you go..... trade Gardiner and Kadri for a Ham sandwich and a puck.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Their not hurting anything by trading a few players they have in T.O. The only one playing from 2016 th draft is Mathews ,not that big of a fire sale when you take a look at it. More of a fix on the fly Burke plan. lol . Phaneuf was a bigger man then anyone in T.O. for all the crap he took , glad he's doing good and enjoying playing again. There you go..... trade Gardiner and Kadri for a Ham sandwich and a puck.
    I`ll second that on Phaneuf and toss Kessel in there as well......neither deserved the crap they ate and never said a word....glad to see them both doing well. I`ll agree that it wasn`t much of a fire sale because they had nobody that anyone wanted except for some real high draft picks. We`ll see.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,931x in 902 Posts
    Items Hockey
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 03:07 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:53 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-04-2020, 05:41 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 01-03-2020, 08:22 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 12-30-2019, 11:42 PM from Bluegrass

I agree, the deal Phaneuf got signed too was way more than what he was worth, Nonis thought he was a number 1 d man, obviously he was not lol, if he was signed to a lesser deal and played the number 3 role he would of been liked in T.O, but the media did ruin Kessel and Phaneuf and it was uncalled for....

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sonicmario For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by sonicmario View Post
    I agree, the deal Phaneuf got signed too was way more than what he was worth, Nonis thought he was a number 1 d man, obviously he was not lol, if he was signed to a lesser deal and played the number 3 role he would of been liked in T.O, but the media did ruin Kessel and Phaneuf and it was uncalled for....
    Amen brother......Phaneuf was a #1 only because the Toronto media said he was. Bobby Orr wouldn`t have been a #1 with Gardiner as a partner. LOL

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Gardiner heard you.....lol

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Gardiner heard you.....lol
    Bout time....I`ve been screaming his name at the TV since 2011. Gardiner can score and he can lead a rush.....his problems arise from timing of those leads, he sees the ice about as well as Helen Keller and his defense is a shambles with all the giveaways.
    I wonder what Philly would want for Provorov....given some development time and decent coaching this kid is going to be real good unless I miss my guess...best bet is my guess that Duchene is heading to Habsland. Rangers will buy and buy.....again.
    Last edited by The Cobra; 02-20-2017 at 03:21 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

You maybe right Duchene would most likely want a hab deal. Don't think the Rangers need anything more then a #1 or 2 defenseman, with the scoring they have . The trades have started and I'm hoping for a blockbuster.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

You maybe right Duchene would most likely want a hab deal. Don't think the Rangers need anything more then a #1 or 2 defenseman, with the scoring they have . The trades have started and I'm hoping for a blockbuster.
    I`m looking for the Habs to come out of this with a scorer ........or else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12