Thread: Toronto Sports Media at Their Finest

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Default Toronto Sports Media at Their Finest

The other day I was ranting about the total irresponsibility of the Toronto media in writing suggestive damaging articles about the Leafs.
    Headline from story on Leafs Lunch today:

McGuire: Gord, I'll bet you the Habs don't make the playoffs.........

I`m sure Habs fans are ready to string up Pierre McGuire the second they get their hands on him....except he never made that comment(I watched the show).....something strange in that headline isn`t there.....it`s written like a quote from McGuire, it`s presented like a quote from McGuire, but where are the quotation marks? There aren`t any because McGuire never said anything of the kind......
    What was said was (McGuire).."it wouldn`t surprise me if the Habs didn`t make the playoffs if they continue to play like they are right now"...........Reporter Gord Miller responded..."I`ll bet you a steak dinner anywhere in North America that they do"...but McGuire would have none of it, he`s too professional to be such an idiot. ...and now they write this garbage inferring that it was McGuire who made the bet. It`s all on video reported on TSN.
    This is how the Toronto media does it......they twist the truth in every direction, write misleading stories like this hoping to incite fans(it will) to the point of creating a storyline out of it. It sells and that`s the bottom line in Toronto............who cares if they are forming a lynch mob for Pierre McGuire for something he didn`t say or do...right Gord??? right TSN?...there are no quotation marks around the misleading quote so the media isn`t legally responsible for their headline making it appear that McGuire was the bettor thus taking the onus off Miller the true culprit here.
    Last week I wrote that Babcock had either slammed the dressing room door or warned the media again about fooling with his team and I wrote the media immediately went after the Habs with countless stories.
    Today the Media attacked.......they wrote this trash on TSN.......discussed the falling out of grace of Morgan Rielly and gave their 2 cents on who and when to trade JVR among others. The media is striking out everywhere......we`ll see what Babcock/Shanny`s next move is because the ball is in their court.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

If I`m Pierre McGuire the first thing I do when I see that know nothing loud mouth Gord Miller is force him to pay a visit to his dentist and the second thing I do is sue TSN for publishing misleading information. McGuire is a professional, like him or not he`s good at what he does and must have the trust of the players and teams he interviews........headlines like this question his character and could very well hurt him professionally.

But who cares right TSN?...who cares right Gord Miller?.........it`s a story and it will sell.

At least I got the right thread this time LOL