Thread: Andersen Loves Toronto

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Default Andersen Loves Toronto

TORONTO -- Frederik Andersen is just four starts away from equaling his career high for a season set in Anaheim two years ago -- and there's still a quarter of the season to go.
    That's life as an uncontested No. 1 after his trade from the Anaheim Ducks to the Toronto Maple Leafs last summer, subsequently signing a five-year deal worth $25 million -- and trying to prove that GM Lou Lamoriello wasn't out of his mind for putting his faith in the 27-year-old Denmark native who had been sharing the net with John Gibson last season.
    Andersen's 24 wins are tied for 10th in the NHL, and although there have been ups and downs in his play, he has been the workhorse the Leafs had hoped for. And let's face it, Toronto's mediocre-at-times defensive coverage hasn't actually helped him, either.
    If the move to hockey-crazy Toronto can be overwhelming to some, it hasn't been for Andersen, always gracious with his time for the media (even after a morning skate on game days, by the way, when some goalies around the league don't talk) and his warm smile most often greets those entering the dressing room on a daily basis.

Cobra..........
    Freddie has got the secret to survival in Toronto..........talk to the media and they`ll either ignore mistakes you make or shift the blame to others. Be a quiet introvert is doomsday waiting to happen in Toronto....the media will wait but be sure they are only waiting to attack you, your game, your personality, your family (Reimer`s case) etc etc......talking to the media in Toronto is as important as your game and Kadri is the perfect example. Good interviews, lots of interviews gives the media people something to write, it gives them a job....a story is a story to them good or bad, win or lose it`s the story that`s the important issue.....not winning (at least from the media`s perspective). Remember that Freddie cause they`ll turn on you like a pack of wolves.....the secret..keep talking.

BTW Freddie...
    Toss up a stinker against the hated Habs tonite in Toronto and we`ll see how much Freddie loves the media`s hatchet job they do on him. GO LEAFS GO!!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

The above story was only a small part of a lengthy interview by Pierre LeBrun TSN of Andersen that can be viewed on TSN...I didn`t want to bore you guys with the complete interview so I cut it off where the Q & A starts.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,931x in 902 Posts
    Items Hockey
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 03:07 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:53 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-04-2020, 05:41 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 01-03-2020, 08:22 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 12-30-2019, 11:42 PM from Bluegrass

I like Anderson, sure he has had his up and downs, but playing in front of the Defense the leafs have, he has fared quite well, his name was being chanted at the ACC, the first time leaf fans have chanted a goalies name since Belfour, he is a big goalie and is very athletic, he is a number 1 imo....

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sonicmario For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,083x in 4,688 Posts
    Items Ying & yangRepCheckered FlagGolfCrown RoyalFootballGreeceCanada

The Habs are coming off an ugly 3-0 loss to the Isl's
    I have a feeling The Leafs will be in for a long night tonight

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TLG For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by TLG View Post
    The Habs are coming off an ugly 3-0 loss to the Isl's
    I have a feeling The Leafs will be in for a long night tonight
    Place will be rockin` tonite.........the Habs are in BIG trouble going forward if they don`t make some big moves by deadline. The Leafs may just be able to break their "useless" string against the Habs ending 13 straight losses.....
    Still again....it`s Sat nite, HNIC, and Leafs vs Habs....it don`t get better than that no matter their records.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

I wish the habs played T.O. every night lol.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hanky View Post
    I wish the habs played T.O. every night lol.
    So do they LOL.......good win for the Habs, hard fought game well earned. Hopefully the Leafs made Kadri pay for his ticket to watch the game cause he stood just behind the high slot in open ice in the D zone the entire nite........except of course when he got "outmuscled" by Pacioretty(when have you ever heard that) where he picked a spot behind the net to watch.
    Last edited by The Cobra; 02-26-2017 at 03:48 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

Your right that turd sure floats...reminds me of the Kessel days. Is babs blind or are they showing him for trade bait. The Leafs made a bad Habs team look normal .....trade date is closing fast. Any team in that division can win it with a deadline deal.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hanky View Post
    Your right that turd sure floats...reminds me of the Kessel days. Is babs blind or are they showing him for trade bait. The Leafs made a bad Habs team look normal .....trade date is closing fast. Any team in that division can win it with a deadline deal.
    Yeah, he kinda plays at times like he`s got "the right of passage" and it seems evident that he does. Very little criticism if any at all for his lack of any enthusiasm on given nites. Another thing....did you notice he never went over to Weber`s side of the ice??? not once except for a drive by....never engaged once, but we won`t hear about that in the press. Babs ain`t blind....I`m thinking Kadri is an MLSE pet for obvious reasons....just one look in the lower bowl of high priced tickets at the ACC and you`ll have your answer. Kadri will never be traded....Bozak, JVR + picks etc if anything but I doubt we see anything substantial this season. Leafs are miles ahead of only a year 2 of a complete overhaul both on the ice and in the dressing room. It`s long overdue and hopefully they won`t rush it and ruin it by grabbing a rental just to sell a couple playoff tickets like they`ve done so many times before. Hopefully MLSE keeps it`s word and stays out of Leafs business....we`ll know soon enough.

This was one big game for the Leafs both because it was vs the Habs and their needed points in the standings as far as picking up major ground on the 1st place Habs. With Bozak and Marner out the stage was set for Kadri to shine and step up as a leader by example............he was a total bust, no drive, no desire, no heart in such an important game for the Leafs and their fans. But I`m sure he`ll give a great interview so all will be ignored.
    Last edited by The Cobra; 02-26-2017 at 05:19 PM.