Thanked 27,152x in 5,733 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

Default That time of year again....

It's time to ask the age old question: are the Leafs gonna make the playoffs this year?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,083x in 4,688 Posts
    Items Ying & yangRepCheckered FlagGolfCrown RoyalFootballGreeceCanada

That Atlantic division is so tight , anything is possible,
    except for the Leafs making the playoffs ... LOL

I don't believe the Leafs did enough by trade deadline to
    push for a playoff spot.

The team is missing, defense, grit, strength and experience,

I think the Leafs are in a good spot, and on route, as promised, towards that 5 year program

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TLG For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,152x in 5,733 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

..and I agree.The Leafs need TWO good D to plug the leaky blue line.Year after year,the Leafs seem to give up the most dangerous odd-man rushes.If they had of strengthened the blue line,I would have given them a better shot at the post season,but I can't give them much of a chance in their present state.There's always next year...lol

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

The Leafs are right on schedule according to Shanaplan which is a total rebuild in 3-5 yrs making them legitimate contenders. They are in yr 1 and have made giant steps with their revamping their forwards lines and personnel to the point that they can live with them and wait for experience to do it`s work.....but don`t be fooled their biggest challenge is coming. This is a poor draft year for defense prospects and the Leafs have not had a true #1 defenseman in years despite the annual rantings of their press.With their goaltending seemingly adequate the next couple years of their rebuild should IMO be devoted to their defensive capabilities because they have none right now. They are dead last in the NHL when it comes to holding 3rd period leads and unless you watch Leafs games you really can`t appreciate how bad they really are on most nights. First shift alone last nite Jake Gardiner had 4, count them 4 unforced turnovers....that`s right 4, 4 in his first shift!
    Will the Leafs make the playoffs........not a chance in Hades. This is March, as we inch toward the playoffs the ice keeps getting smaller and smaller and stronger defenses take over the game....if it hasn`t happened already the Leafs offense is getting shut down and their defense??? well it can`t stop anyone, stats prove that out. Neverminding the stats which are most often misleading depending on the agenda of the guy quoting them. I don`t need a pile of paperwork to tell me the Leafs defense is a mess in need of a total overhaul....I just have to watch them. Night in and night out it`s the same thing, they play the same way and they lose in the same way turnover after turnover after turnover ends up in the Leafs net no matter if it`s Carey Price, Johnny Bower or Jesus H himself.
    Pay little or no attention to the Toronto media....their stories are 90% outright fabrication or conjecture. Their agenda is a storyline they can build on....they could care less about the Leafs. Creating controversy is their game plan...it`s a story.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by TLG View Post
    That Atlantic division is so tight , anything is possible,
    except for the Leafs making the playoffs ... LOL

I don't believe the Leafs did enough by trade deadline to
    push for a playoff spot.

The team is missing, defense, grit, strength and experience,

I think the Leafs are in a good spot, and on route, as promised, towards that 5 year program
    TD was going to be a bust for the Leafs except maybe for some depth or prospects.....In order to trade FOR someone noteable you have to have someone to trade. Who on the Leafs is tradable for someone noteworthy? Matthews? Marner? when you get past them you`re looking at a major package including picks galore....hopefully these idiots learned not to do that from the Kessel deal. The Leafs have money.....they`ll spend it this summer because doing anything at TD would have been foolish and totally contrary to what Shanahan, Babcock and Lams have been preaching about their rebuilding plans.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

And while we`re at it let`s not forget that Shanahan, Babcock and Lams and their respective staff were given the unenviable task of rebuilding a Leafs team that suffered from a generation of abuse, neglect and interference from an uncaring, arrogant and irresponsible ownership first by the Teachers` Union then MLSE. Each of them were the pride of their stockholders making money hand over fist so as long as the money kept rolling in they paid their press people to blame the players for their team...one by one the players took turns in the barrel until......
    The real story behind the need of this rebuild....the real urgency behind a proper rebuild was the same reason the Leafs previous heads did nothing.....the stockholders. The Leafs fell from grace last year....the Leafs do nothing arrogant attitude of it`s owners finally caught up with them. The Leafs fell from their annual #1 money maker of the NHL to #3 behind the Montreal Canadiens and the New York Rangers.......enter the stockholders, now MLSE cares....cares because it`s a Board of Directors who can be fired at a moments notice and boards are fired every day for losing money aren`t they?
    The Leafs dropping to #3 and their convenient desire for a proper rebuild has nothing to do with dedication to the fans and all the other sugar coating being thrown around........it has everything to do with MLSE keeping their cushy jobs and printing money for their stockholders again. Nothing less.