Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Beginning of a New Era for the Exodus Addon for Kodi (New Features and More)

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,329x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

Default The Beginning of a New Era for the Exodus Addon for Kodi (New Features and More)

from tv addons

As you may or may not have heard, the original developer of Exodus recently retired. It was decided that instead of letting the most popular Kodi addon ever die, we would make it a community maintained addon. This means not only are our team developers now working on this addon, but we’re inviting anyone with any coding experience to come around and give a shot at contributing to the code. The Exodus Kodi addon will be bigger and better than it ever was before!

It also means that new functionality will come, fueled by the diversity of addon developers. Viper2k4 and PowerGrid2000 have already added German and French scrapers, meaning you can now hear audio in those languages! We’re hopeful that Exodus becoming a community maintained addon will trigger a sort of renaissance within the Kodi community, getting regular users involved again, the way it used to be when our community first started. Please read until the bottom to find out everything you need to know about the new Exodus Kodi addon.

Right now, what we need you to remember is that:

Exodus will become better than ever! There are some really qualified people working on it, with Viper2k4 at the helm of development.
    Exodus is expanding to provide support for all kinds of languages, so far you can watch content in French and German, with more languages coming soon!
    Exodus is now community maintained, so the future of this addon literally relies on people like you contributing to the code base.
    Regardless of your technical skills, you could always help translate menu items for us, by signup up at Transifex.
    How-To Contribute Code

It might be a hassle to code an entire addon, but now you can simply contribute a line of code here and there, whatever you think would be useful.

Anyone with a little bit of Python or PHP knowledge could definitely come lend a helping hand, every little bit counts when it comes to contributing to the development process.

All you need to do is signup at our new Development Site which provides GitHub-style functionality, allowing you to contribute code to Exodus and other addons.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 380x in 218 Posts

Exodus has been a little clunkier for me since the language scraper update 10 days ago.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnnylarue For This Useful Post:

c8rbk1ng is offline VIP, Satfix 2014 NFL Pool Week #5 & week # 15 Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,089x in 1,142 Posts
    Items Crab
Gift received at 08-08-2015, 07:53 PM from gAsH
Message: I tried 15x in a row with different people and lost every time! :lol: 

Here is a gift for the crabby old man :tehe: You spelled your name wrong, should be Cr8bk1ng :PWireless AccessPopcornGuitar2JeepCamaroFootball

I'm always leery when I hear them say it will "become better than ever". I agree that since Exodus retired the app isn't as good, in spite of what tv addons tells you. I've gone to other addons for tv and movies that have become more dependable that Exodus.
    Last edited by c8rbk1ng; 03-12-2017 at 11:32 PM.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to c8rbk1ng For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c8rbk1ng View Post
    I'm always leery when I hear them say it will "become better than ever". I agree that since Exodus retired the app isn't as good, in spite of what tv addons tells you. I've gone to other addons for tv and movies that have become more dependable that Exodus.
    What are the best TV and Movie addons in your opinion? I use Zen and Exodus at the moment.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnnylarue For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crab

Here is a gift for the crabby old man :tehe: You spelled your name wrong, should be Cr8bk1ng :PWireless AccessPopcornGuitar2JeepCamaroFootball

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylarue View Post
    What are the best TV and Movie addons in your opinion? I use Zen and Exodus at the moment.
    There really isn't a "best". It depends on your viewing habits. That's why I am constantly seeking out the best addons for my situation. I hardly use live tv (only for sports) but for VOD tv I use TV Mix (they update the new episodes almost instantly). For VOD movies I've been using Maverick tv, they have a lot of screener versions and when you click (one click, not 1000 different links) on a movie it actually plays, unlike Exodus which has a lot of 'stream not found' nonsense. I'm watching Logan right now and the beginning of the movie had scenes from the upcoming Deadpool sequel...just like in the theater
    Last edited by c8rbk1ng; 03-13-2017 at 07:46 AM.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to c8rbk1ng For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

Exodus is to slow the counter times out for ever for no reason. I still like the 1channel and icefilm no one talks about anymore, solid repos.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,420x in 1,236 Posts
    Items Guitar2CanadaImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM from

i still use navi-x... i use specto mainly for the tv stuff and it's connection to gvideo. i hate openload and torba with the device pair.. argh.
    HIT THE *THANKS* IF YOU"RE THANKFUL
    I'M CURRENTLY TESTING BUT NOT RECEIVING - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RECEIVE

SEARCH TOOL SITE RULES WHO's WHO?

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fonger For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

Exactly pairing for four hrs takes ten minutes to pair. I avoid those hosts and wish the repo author would too.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hanky For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,109x in 1,179 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 04-20-2015, 06:49 AM from Fibroso
Message: So you can take a couple of shots the night of the main event. cfheersbeer
Gift received at 04-19-2013, 11:50 PM from Fibroso
Gift received at 03-19-2013, 04:29 PM from Fibroso

Thanks for the update.. but will the new Exodus have Live Sports?
    Kodi is very weak on Live Sports.. Castaway was good but now it sucks.. Sports Devil up and down.
    Hopefully the new Exodus will delve into this...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rudee For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c8rbk1ng View Post
    There really isn't a "best". It depends on your viewing habits. That's why I am constantly seeking out the best addons for my situation. I hardly use live tv (only for sports) but for VOD tv I use TV Mix (they update the new episodes almost instantly). For VOD movies I've been using Maverick tv, they have a lot of screener versions and when you click (one click, not 1000 different links) on a movie it actually plays, unlike Exodus which has a lot of 'stream not found' nonsense. I'm watching Logan right now and the beginning of the movie had scenes from the upcoming Deadpool sequel...just like in the theater
    I will check out Maverick. Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to johnnylarue For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crab

Quote Originally Posted by rudee View Post
    Kodi is very weak on Live Sports.. Castaway was good but now it sucks.. Sports Devil up and down.
    There are plenty of addons for live sports. Do a Kodi search for 'sports' and you'll find those addons. Hint: Check out some of the UK or Canadian channels as they carry the same programs that the US channels do.
    Last edited by c8rbk1ng; 03-13-2017 at 11:37 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c8rbk1ng For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crab

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hanky View Post
    Exactly pairing for four hrs takes ten minutes to pair. I avoid those hosts and wish the repo author would too.
    I keep getting "can't connect to Captcha" whenever I try to pair...so I don't even bother anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fonger View Post
    i still use navi-x... i use specto mainly for the tv stuff and it's connection to gvideo. i hate openload and torba with the device pair.. argh.
    They recently updated Navi-x to 4.01. I haven't used this addon in a while and think it's very overrated considering how long it has been around. You guys need to search The Kodi repos for the solid smaller addons that are being developed everyday. When I try to use the better known addons like 1channel and icefilms, they never have what I'm looking for so I've deleted them from my setup.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c8rbk1ng For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,420x in 1,236 Posts
    Items Guitar2CanadaImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM from

Quote Originally Posted by rudee View Post
    i use pro sports.. it works very well with live sports for me. just don't go after the game is completed because the streams links are disconnected.
    HIT THE *THANKS* IF YOU"RE THANKFUL
    I'M CURRENTLY TESTING BUT NOT RECEIVING - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RECEIVE

SEARCH TOOL SITE RULES WHO's WHO?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fonger For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 131x in 79 Posts

SpinzTv makes awesome builds. They always work well and they are regularly updated. Nice and Easy, takes out all the guess work.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to DJMark For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crab

Quote Originally Posted by DJMark View Post
    SpinzTv makes awesome builds. They always work well and they are regularly updated. Nice and Easy, takes out all the guess work.
    We're not talking about builds...we're talking about Exodus and some other addons that you can use to replace or use similar to Exodus. What guess work? There's no guess work when you know what you're doing. Nice and Easy...isn't that hair color for women?
    Last edited by c8rbk1ng; 03-15-2017 at 04:24 AM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c8rbk1ng For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast