Thread: Linkbox 9000i Local Channel Editing

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Linkbox 9000i Local Channel Editing

Hey everyone, I've looked around and I am having difficulty finding information on channel editing for this box. The last time I had an FTA box the channels populated better, with clear names. This box, not so much. I found the Ali channel editor but cannot really figure out how to copy the STB list the USB to load into the program and then back to the STB again. I really don't want to resort to the remote for 1000+ edits. Also, random question. Is there a way to change the color of the OSD to something dark and sleek. This box needs a different skin for the menu. Thanks in advance.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Ali box channel lists can be an issue. My openbox s16 is Ali and the channel editor messes up the format of what is in the file so much that it should not be reloaded into the box even though most of the ch list data is shown correctly. Some Ali based boxes do not even have an editor (Jynxbox).
    I have explored the openbox list structure for my box a lot and while similar to the Jynx, it is not the same. Both boxes have the file separated into blocks of data, one block has satellite/TP default info, but then pastes on data about the channel scans and any renaming that you do rather than re-write the default info (even though the default data is stored elsewhere in the flash). The Jynx box seems to keep a more orderly ch list than the openbox. It maybe your box is more like one than the other--hard to say with out looking. Every channel scan you do leaves data in those blocks--so the program has to figure out the 'active' parts of the data in all that.
    Can't answer about the colors used--never really paid attention to my openbox OSD colors. Seem to recall that there were color options, but not that sure about it. Most of the menu systems in ALI code is based on a set of structures in tables--think they have an entry in the structure for color, but never tested that out with a mod. More than likely it would take lots of playing on pretty much a machine code level if there are no menu options for it.

BTW, I don't see any ch lists for the 9000i in the files section, so not way for me to see what is in there. (Not one of my boxes)
    Last edited by jvvh5897; 03-27-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

For the heck of it, I downloaded the ALI editor for 9000i box, loaded in a Jynx box channel list and looked to see what the file looked like when I saved it. Overall the jynx file looked OK in the editor window--some issue with channel names, but that is not too unusual. The file saved, I assume is 9000i formated and it did not look all that bad inside when I looked with hexeditor--again there were issues with channel names vs what I see in jynx file that I started with. I'm guessing that the file would load into the 9000i OK, but with no example to compare against it is hard to really know.
    ------------------------edit-----------------------
    I take it back! The satellite data might be right format, but the channel data is a lot diff for the 9000i. It might be possible to rework the jynx box udf file to 9000i but it would take some thought. The script.ini file seems to determine that--maybe if one were able to use one ini file to pull in a channel list and then switch to the 9000i one and save data....
    Last edited by jvvh5897; 03-30-2017 at 04:40 PM.