Thread: Ariza dish

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

Default Ariza dish

Does anyone know if you can put multiple LNB's on this kind of Ariza dish?dish.jpg

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

You can put multiple LNBs on any dish. The smaller dishes have less of a distortion issue than big dishes. Circular LNBs work off-axis better than linear LNBs do. I can show you images of what happens to signal when off-axis position is used if you want (the guys that work with optical parabolic mirrors call the distortion "coma" --it is kind of teardrop shaped)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

It will work but not as good as one designed for more then one LNB, take a look at an elliptical, it has a wider receive beamwidth then one designed for a single LNB.

Now if the dish you posted about is all you have then play away, experimentation works wonders for stretching the imagination.

Just remember that the satellites are not in a straight line across the sky but in a very genital arc, so if the dish can not be skewed (turned like a steering wheel) then one LNB will have to be higher or lower then any center LNB, (if you use more then two) this would be determined by your location and what set of satellites your looking for.

Also on a double LNB setup the signals will criss-cross each other, so for example, for 110 and 119 the the LNB on the right (looking from behind the dish) will be for 110, the one on the left will be for 119, and the dish will have to be pointing in-between the two satellites for the best signals on both.

On a 3 LNB setup lest say for 110/119/129 then the center LNB will be for 119 and this would also be the prime satellite to start with, then the LNB on the right would be for 110 and the one on the left would be for 129.

You will have to adjust the dish or the LNB mount for the correct skew for your location.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

Thanks guys, I have used multiple LNB set ups before with great success but this Ariza dish seems more "flat" than other (Dish, Bev) dishes I have used before. Which is why I was wondering if the flatter profile might alter the criss-cross effect when the signals come into the dish and it might only be good for 1 lnb.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Nope, just a different focal point location then the others..........It may affect the outside LNB's, but without performance spec's on the dish, I would be guessing.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?