Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pointing to 110W

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Hi. Are you saying that you need a Turbo FEC receiver in order to 1) pick up any DVB-S2 Turbo FEC transponder, and 2) pick up any DVB-S transponder with SR 21 500? I'm using an HD receiver that is not compatible with Turbo FEC. Is it pretty much useless for receiving 110, other than the spot beam locals?

Thanks.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 140x in 89 Posts

Red face

That's seems to be the case with my set-up.

Back in the day when these receivers were sold, they came without the required module to receive such channels. You could buy them separately and simply install them yourself. I believe you can still find them on E-bay though depending on your receiver of course.

jvvh5897 I'm sure will be able to add additional information, seems like a sharp cookie with regards to this stuff.

Cheers

Shark1959

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shark1959 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

I think the question has been answered 4 times now. Switch started late in 2015 as I recall--pretty old news. Just look at the TP updates in sonicview 8000 files section--lots of updates during a short period and lately little new posting of satellite lists.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thank you for all the valuable feedback. All along I was thinking that my dish came off alignment and that being the reason as to why I could only get 2 transponders which happen to be the spot beam transponders. I've been out of the loop for quite some time. I remember getting more than 2 transponders when I aligned the dish several years back. But as jvvh5897 and Shark1959 confirmed, ever since the SR was changed from 20000 to 21500 on some transponders, only Turbo FEC can pick up these transponders. I guess it's time to take down the dish or point it elsewhere.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

I've always wondered how hard it would be to take one of the $20 modules and put in something that would let one pick up signals again. The boxes for IKS are a little high for me as I don't do IKS, but I do have an interest in scanning sats and how one use the modules in other ways. Not sure how that would work though as little info is out there about the modules--no pin out or code for their use (well I've found a little c and h for one type of chip but no full data sheets, only data briefs and I have pulled some code out of files for boxes). I have seen jynz clones for $50 or so with module in the box, but from China--if you buy more locally you pay $100+ for IKS box with Turbo FEC.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

It would sound like a very interesting project. If only there was some more information.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 140x in 89 Posts

Red face Module

Quote Originally Posted by four_sextacy View Post
    Thank you for all the valuable feedback. All along I was thinking that my dish came off alignment and that being the reason as to why I could only get 2 transponders which happen to be the spot beam transponders. I've been out of the loop for quite some time. I remember getting more than 2 transponders when I aligned the dish several years back. But as jvvh5897 and Shark1959 confirmed, ever since the SR was changed from 20000 to 21500 on some transponders, only Turbo FEC can pick up these transponders. I guess it's time to take down the dish or point it elsewhere.
    Why don't you just add a module to your box, then you can keep using your dish if you have a sub to IKS which are free by the way if you purchase an IPTV code. I believe the modules are still available through E-bay and other sources, although I don't know which box you have. As far as installation, they are very easy to install, nothing to it.

Cheers

Shark1959

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

I don't think they make 8psk Turbo FEC tuners fro the dreambox 800se hd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12