Thread: Not Getting Signal Lock on TP12618 on 82W

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Not Getting Signal Lock on TP12618 on 82W

Just got a Mega TVi SHD3000 everything connects fine for all 5 birds (110, 119, 129, 91 and 82) however, when I go to scan TP12618 on 82W no channels come in. The signal shows full but red. It won't go green. I deleted the tp and readded it following the standard TP12618 H 21500 8PSK Turbo 2/3. Still no luck. I get green locked on most of the other 82W TP's but this one doesn't seem to want to lock.

I have a pinwheel mini that I connect and it comes in no issues. I switched them again just to make sure, and it works fine.

Any suggestions?
    thanks
    dsslm
    Last edited by Dsslm; 06-01-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Did some more testing, and it appears that all the TP's on 82W and 91W that are (H) are not coming in. Only the (V) TP's are working. Anyone experience this with your receiver? As indicated these work fine on the pinwheel mini. Same connection, dish, etc. Just not coming in on this receiver.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,328x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

Quote Originally Posted by Dsslm View Post
    Did some more testing, and it appears that all the TP's on 82W and 91W that are (H) are not coming in. Only the (V) TP's are working. Anyone experience this with your receiver? As indicated these work fine on the pinwheel mini. Same connection, dish, etc. Just not coming in on this receiver.
    check the voltage out on your stb

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thanks for your input. I have a volt meter that I can use. Where should I check? Or do I need to open the box up to test? Appreciate any help, as I haven't done any volt testing before, just bought the receiver a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    check the voltage out on your stb

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Check at the coax to LNB on the back of the box. The voltages are 14 V for one polarity and 18 V for the other--ballpark numbers. Be careful not to short the inner line of the coax to the ground that is the outside. I use a resistor wire stuffed into the connector rather than try to get a meter probe to make contact with the inside line.
    IF you find that the box is not sending out the right voltage then the problem is inside--they use something like a three terminal LM317 for that.
    IF the box seems OK then it will likely be a coax line issue out to LNBs.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

thanks for the information. Just a quick update. since I am running 5 birds into this, I am using a diseqc switch 4-1, and for this particular 2 bird I am using a sw44 to bring them both into the 4th spot on the disqc. So I ran a connector directly into the coax coming from the sw44. Change the sat settings on my box to not have diseqc. Now I get the missing horizontal tp's and can download the channels..however, doing this, the vertical tp's all go red and can't lock. So it seems an either or situation...and if I change the diseqc setting to anything other than off, the vertical tp's work but the horizontal go away (as what the original issue I am having)

So it seems it could be a switch/setting? Or is it truly a voltage issue with the receiver and can't switch the signal from horizontal to vertical?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crown Royal

Quote Originally Posted by Dsslm View Post
    thanks for the information. Just a quick update. since I am running 5 birds into this, I am using a diseqc switch 4-1, and for this particular 2 bird I am using a sw44 to bring them both into the 4th spot on the disqc. So I ran a connector directly into the coax coming from the sw44. Change the sat settings on my box to not have diseqc. Now I get the missing horizontal tp's and can download the channels..however, doing this, the vertical tp's all go red and can't lock. So it seems an either or situation...and if I change the diseqc setting to anything other than off, the vertical tp's work but the horizontal go away (as what the original issue I am having)

So it seems it could be a switch/setting? Or is it truly a voltage issue with the receiver and can't switch the signal from horizontal to vertical?
    Maybe an issue between the legacy switch and the diseq. Besides turning diseq off you would have to turn legacy on
    Someone with more knowledge of switches can help you
    Last edited by nobodyspecial; 06-03-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    Maybe an issue between the legacy switch and the diseq. Besides turning diseq off you would have to turn legacy on
    Someone with more knowledge of switches can help you
    Thanks for your help and suggestions. I can live with the workaround. It turns out if I want to watch the channels on either vertical or horizontal tp, I just go to the channel, see if signal comes in, if not, I just change the diseqc switch on or off, and that channel comes in. I know it's a goofy way to do it but, I am patient and don't mind doing this for now. If someone has more experience with legacy and diseqc, I can wait. thanks again jvvh5897 and nobodyspecial.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Scan with a direct contact .. no switch. Should show green if all settings are correct.what lnd setup you got ?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default here you go

the sw44 will not work with disq not enough power to switch

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Not enough power is a common issue with many boxes and prov equip.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

that makes sense and explains it. Thanks a lot for helping out!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crown Royal

the sw44 is a powered switch
    I still dont think it would work properly with the diseq
    I believe an ecoda 0/22 would work
    Last edited by nobodyspecial; 06-06-2017 at 09:37 PM.