Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What is the best SonicView PVR receiver...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    29
    Satfix Buxs
    551
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default What is the best SonicView PVR receiver...

    Hello, what is the best PVR SonicView receiver with internal hard drive.

    Also, is it possible to connect a exterior antenna...


    Thank you...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,936
    Satfix Buxs
    3,314,984
    Thanks
    3,579
    Thanked 8,471x in 3,193 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

    Default

    Sorry to say but SonicView is no longer in business, Dish Nutwork had them closed down many years ago.

    If someone is selling new ones then don't buy it, they would be fake.
    ♫♫♫ Iím a lumberjack and Iím OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫



    Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

    There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

    "I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

    "First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

    "Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

    "Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,070
    Satfix Buxs
    1,663,492
    Thanks
    20,563
    Thanked 25,866x in 5,465 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass
Message: jejejeImmunity to Theft

    Default

    SV 8000 HD supports external usb hard drive.It is the best by far, but no internal hard disk.Many good used ones still available out there.Best of the best.And yes...it has an atsc tuner on board.
    Last edited by The Noof; 06-16-2017 at 09:13 PM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    29
    Satfix Buxs
    551
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Thank you,

    I search internal hard drive because I have a problem with a usb external hard drive with a dreamlink t5 and before I have a sonicview hd and no problem but i don t remember wich model.

    Does somebody can suggest me a model and double tuner..
    thank you...

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,678
    Satfix Buxs
    2,094,540
    Thanks
    6,956
    Thanked 11,870x in 4,121 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski
Message: Have a couple drinks on me..Sword

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpeete View Post
    Thank you,

    I search internal hard drive because I have a problem with a usb external hard drive with a dreamlink t5 and before I have a sonicview hd and no problem but i don t remember wich model.

    Does somebody can suggest me a model and double tuner..
    thank you...
    there are no dual tuners

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    29
    Satfix Buxs
    551
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hello, I found Sonicview SV 360 elite dual tuner, is it compatible to iks...

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,678
    Satfix Buxs
    2,094,540
    Thanks
    6,956
    Thanked 11,870x in 4,121 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski
Message: Have a couple drinks on me..Sword

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpeete View Post
    Hello, I found Sonicview SV 360 elite dual tuner, is it compatible to iks...
    it does not do turbo 8psk,dual tuners are not compatible with iks anyway
    Last edited by nobodyspecial; 06-18-2017 at 10:03 AM.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,678
    Satfix Buxs
    2,094,540
    Thanks
    6,956
    Thanked 11,870x in 4,121 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski
Message: Have a couple drinks on me..Sword

    Default

    I could not find the list of hard drives that work well for sv 8000
    but found this

    c and p

    Don't use selfpowered hard drives on sv hd 8000 at all.Unless you want to change power supply on regular basis.
    Here are 100% and tested external hard drive and enclosures.
    100% compatible three enclousers with hard drive are:
    Acomdata PureDrive 500GB USB 2.0 model: PDHD500USE-72 comes originally with Hitachi hard drive HDS721050CLA362
    hard to find as it is discontinued but you can still purchase one onfleabay for about $50usd.
    Acomdata Samba USB 2.0 3.5-Inch ISATA Hard Drive Enclosure SMBXXXU2E-BLK with Hitachi HGST HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive, a bit large enclosure and the cost is about $35-$40usd.
    AcomData Storage HDEXXXU2E-740 740-3.5inch USB 2.0 SATA Drive Enclosure with Hitachi HGST HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive, nice compact enclosure with a small blue led at the top rear end and the cost is about $18-$22usd. That is why I have two of them.
    All of the above acomdata enclosures are combined with Hitachi hard drive HGST HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive are 100% compatible with SV HD 8000 PVR functions.
    How I know that beacause I own each one of them and they work very nice with sv hd 8000 pvr functions including time shift, multi scheduled and not scheduled recordings.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,070
    Satfix Buxs
    1,663,492
    Thanks
    20,563
    Thanked 25,866x in 5,465 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass
Message: jejejeImmunity to Theft

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    I could not find the list of hard drives that work well for sv 8000
    but found this

    c and p

    Don't use selfpowered hard drives on sv hd 8000 at all.Unless you want to change power supply on regular basis.
    Here are 100% and tested external hard drive and enclosures.
    100% compatible three enclousers with hard drive are:
    Acomdata PureDrive 500GB USB 2.0 model: PDHD500USE-72 comes originally with Hitachi hard drive HDS721050CLA362
    hard to find as it is discontinued but you can still purchase one onfleabay for about $50usd.
    Acomdata Samba USB 2.0 3.5-Inch ISATA Hard Drive Enclosure SMBXXXU2E-BLK with Hitachi HGST HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive, a bit large enclosure and the cost is about $35-$40usd.
    AcomData Storage HDEXXXU2E-740 740-3.5inch USB 2.0 SATA Drive Enclosure with Hitachi HGST HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive, nice compact enclosure with a small blue led at the top rear end and the cost is about $18-$22usd. That is why I have two of them.
    All of the above acomdata enclosures are combined with Hitachi hard drive HGST HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive are 100% compatible with SV HD 8000 PVR functions.
    How I know that beacause I own each one of them and they work very nice with sv hd 8000 pvr functions including time shift, multi scheduled and not scheduled recordings.
    I have personally used 3 different Western Digital self-powered hard drives ranging from 750 gb to 1.5 tb without issue.Self powered is the key

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    29
    Satfix Buxs
    551
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Ok, thank you...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •