Thread: Dish 1000+ & 82/91 switch setup

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Dish 1000+ & 82/91 switch setup

If I want to setup a Dish 1000+ (110, 118, 119, 129) & 82/91 for one receiver, should use two dpp44 with a power inserter on each dpp44? Any specific requirements for the 82/91 lnb? Can it be a dual or quad lnb?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

You will need the DPP44 switch and it's power inserter for the D1000 LNB (110, 118, 119, 129) as the normal FTA receiver will not power 4 LNB's at the same time.

The dish for 82 and 91 can use a DP twin LNB this will allow two satellites on one coax, the problems come up when you try to switch between the two setups, the standard DPP type switch will not work too good for more then 4 satellites as they only recognize Diseqc commands for 4 ports.

You can try adding a 22 KHz switch to go between the two setups, it would switch something like this....

Diseqc port #1 = 119, with the 22 KHz switch OFF, Diseqc port #2 = 110, with the 22 KHz switch OFF, Diseqc port #3 = 129, with the 22 KHz switch OFF, Diseqc port #1 = 118, with the 22 KHz switch OFF.

Then for the other two its, Diseqc port #1 = 91, with the 22 KHz switch ON,Diseqc port #2 = 82, with the 22 KHz switch ON.

This has worked for some receivers but some have reported problems, also be sure the two switches and systems a grounded to the same single ground point.

The best setup that has been reported without switching problems was to use all DP single LNB's for all 6 satellites, (4 on one dish and 2 on the second) then a Diseqc 2.0 switch will run the whole setup just fine.

Also use good high quality RG-6 quad shielded coax with a pure copper center conductor, and a ground block to help keep down on the 22 KHz signal leakage.

Good luck and have fun.
    ♫♫♫ I知 a lumberjack and I知 OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thank you. When you say "adding a 22 KHz switch to go between the two setups" you mean one cable go from the 82-91 lnb to the 22 switch and another from the dpp44 switch? Does it matter in which input the two cables have to go on the 22khz switch? Is this the same as a sw21 switch?

For the 82-91 lnb, Would a dish pro quad lnb work or will it create more trouble?

When you say ground the systems and switches does it mean a cable needs to run from the two lnb setups and the two switches to a one ground point? Is there a guide somewhere on how to ground a system and type of cable needed?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

I read in One of your old posts that there is no need to connect and run an old receiver on the power inserter, but someone responded that he recommends running an old receiver. I can connect an old receiver if this would resolve switch issues. Any recommendations?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

If you use a receiver to power the LNB's on the D1000 setup then it has to be an OEM receiver (bell or Dish) like a D301 or better, but the DPP44 switch comes with a power inserter, it just has to be on it's own coax out to the #1 receiver port on the switch.

And yes the 22 KHz switch will go between the two systems.

Now after a review of the possibility's on the many possible connections and LNB types I ask this question, on the D1000 setup are you using the all dish LNB's? (Dish 1000 system setup for 110,118, 119 and 129)

If so then you do not need the DPP44 switch but just it's power inserter, or an inactive Dish or Bell 301 or better receiver.

As to the grounding, all you need is some #12 gauge copper wire with a green jacket, a couple of split bolts, and a ground point, this ground point can be a real Earth ground using a ground rod, a metal cold water pipe, or the house electrical ground, (last one should be done with caution as to where you hook into this ground)

I prefer the ground rod, that way you can make the ground as short as possible.

You start with a ground run to each dish, connect the ground wire to any bolt on the dish, then run them down along the coax to the 22 KHz switch, if the two dishes are real close to each other then start at the furthest dish away from the ground point and run to the next dish, then to the switch (use one with a metal case) here is were the split bolt is used to bond the ground wires to the last leg down to the ground point.

This is what a split bolt looks like.Split bolt.jpgAll wires connect to this and then one wire down to the ground point.

"If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

I'm planning on using the dish 1000+ and there are four cables that go from the four lnbs on the dish. I thought I need the dpp44 to input four cables in four ports, but you're saying that I don't need a dpp44 and a power inserter in enough? I'm a bit confused now.

For the grounding, I think an electrician would do a better job because I don't know where to get the materials needed. I need a rod with a specific length and copper wires and bolts (thank you for the photo).

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

OK, on the dish 1000.....You have 4 individual LNB's ??? Or one big one with two add on LNB's for 110 and 129? (called a Dish 1000 plus) Can you post a photo?

If you have 4 individual LNB's then the DPP 44 switch will be needed.

Is this the dish 1000+ you have?images.jpgIf so then the DPP44 switch and it's power inserter will be needed.
    Last edited by Terryl; 06-24-2017 at 08:40 PM.

"Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antar View Post
    I'm planning on using the dish 1000+ and there are four cables that go from the four lnbs on the dish. I thought I need the dpp44 to input four cables in four ports, but you're saying that I don't need a dpp44 and a power inserter in enough? I'm a bit confused now.

For the grounding, I think an electrician would do a better job because I don't know where to get the materials needed. I need a rod with a specific length and copper wires and bolts (thank you for the photo).
    You can have an electrican do the grounding, but all the stuff needed can be found at most larger hardware stores, Lowes, Home Depot, ACE should have what you would need.

"Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Ok, I have exactly the one you posted with 4 individual lnbs.

I did not know that there exists one combining 4 lnbs that only needs a power inserter. Is this other one you are referring to a better choice? A newer product?
    Last edited by Antar; 06-24-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

To help you out, here are a couple of pic's that show what your trying to do (minus the grounding Terry mentioned), one with the DP Quad and one using 2 single LNB's........

setup1.jpgsetup2.jpg

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mavrick For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

The DPP44 switch that will be used at the D1000 setup comes with it's own power supply, however you will need to run the power out to the switch on it's own coax to the #1 receiver port on the switch, or the FTA receiver if attached to the power inserters receiver port will have signal problems.

"Can you HIDE it"?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thank you all for your help. I think I got all what I need. I will only need the grounding work to be done by an electrician.