Thread: anyone know

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default anyone know

anyone know the code to get a ivisionsat remote to work a ilink 9000 plus reciever

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

No, but looking around I found a little info at the JP1 programmable remote site:
    http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14747&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&st art=0
    They say the box may respond to a number of NEC1 protocol remotes including Pansat's old 2800 one. As I recall Pansat boxes supported 3 remotes and the NEC1 protocol is a common one, so maybe if you cycle through a universal's remote supported codes you might find one that gives you some functions on some buttons.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Oh, BTW, like the KBox files, the I-link 9000 plus files are compressed with something like lzss but I'm not sure what you need to do to get clear code from them. The start of the img file has info on the location in the file that chunks start at, how many bytes you get if you could in-pack them, where to put the un-packed bytes in RAM and whether compression is used or not (each entry is 4 bytes and 0x0 indicates no compression while 0x1 is used if there is compression).

What I would likely do, is set up a PC to output IR signals and run through trying to find what code I needed for a given function--I would likely start by outputting the set of NEC custom codes that Pansat used.

Course, the harmony remotes would likely work too.

c8rbk1ng is offline VIP, Satfix 2014 NFL Pool Week #5 & week # 15 Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,089x in 1,142 Posts
    Items Crab
Gift received at 08-08-2015, 07:53 PM from gAsH
Message: I tried 15x in a row with different people and lost every time! :lol: 

Here is a gift for the crabby old man :tehe: You spelled your name wrong, should be Cr8bk1ng :PWireless AccessPopcornGuitar2JeepCamaroFootball

Quote Originally Posted by extreme View Post
    anyone know the code to get a ivisionsat remote to work a ilink 9000 plus reciever
    Don't you have the receiver's users guide? Look for either ones user guide and see if there are codes listed there.