Excerpts from Anna Faris' memoir, which shares intimate details of her relationship with husband Chris Pratt, have emerged in the wake of the couple's shock split.
The Mom star and her actor husband announced their separation after eight years of marriage in a post on Chris's Facebook page on Monday.
"Anna and I are sad to announce we are legally separating. We tried hard for a long time, and we're really disappointed. Our son (Jack) has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward," the statement read.
However, prior to their announcement, several news outlets had already received review editions of Anna's forthcoming memoir Unqualified, due to be published by Dutton Penguin on 26 October. Some of the book's material, which is inspired by her hit podcast Anna Faris Is Unqualified, deals with the couple's relationship, while the foreword was written by the 38-year-old Guardians of the Galaxy star.
Entertainment Weekly has shared several excerpts from the book, including one in which Chris describes his wife as "powerful and terrifying".
"She is fierce and very loyal, she rarely punishes people. But when she does, it's powerful and terrifying, and when it's over, it's really over," he writes.
In another excerpt Anna pays tribute to her superstar husband and his good nature, writing: "When I looked back at my marriage, and many of my relationships before it, I realized I had always equated cynicism, discontent, and anger with intelligence, and getting together with Chris made me reexamine that.
"It made me realize that being with someone who was well-liked and popular actually made me happy."
According to the news outlet, the review copy also contains a chapter dedicated to the nice gestures Chris does for Anna, "including braiding her hair, writing poems and letters by hand from international locations, sending flowers to the set of Mom every Friday before the show tapes, and giving her thoughtful, and unexpected gifts."
The memoir is currently available for pre-order on Amazon.