Thread: Tired of signal loss. Need a new receiver

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 166x in 106 Posts
    Items HeadstonesTV

Default Tired of signal loss. Need a new receiver

Well what's a good inexpensive receiver to use? I am only using it for SES1. It seems MeTv, H&I, Movies, Decades, and Grit always work, but most of the time Luken is not working. So what should I buy? My buddy bought a cheap Chinese one and he says it's working great. I'm curious about the Kii Pro. It does Kodi and FTA.
    Last edited by dcapper; 09-03-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,643x in 2,116 Posts
    Items G&R
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM from Styx_N_Stones

I noticed your signature was looking a little bare, so here's a little something to help you decorate it.

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by dcapper View Post
    Well what's a good inexpensive receiver to use? I am only using it for SES1. It seems MeTv, H&I, Movies, Decades, and Grit always work, but most of the time Luken is not working. So what should I buy? My buddy bought a cheap Chinese one and he says it's working great. I'm curious about the Kii Pro. It does Kodi and FTA.
    I sent you a PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

The openbox that I have did a much better job with weak signals that others I've had, but the box I have is an older one (ALI based)--I would guess that the newer models do as well and are pretty cheap. I had an all MStar based box that did just about as well as the openbox and it was very, very cheap. The newer very, very cheap China models seem to be Conexant based more than the other two processor/tuner type and I do not have one that I've tested. You can search ebay for "DVB-S2 FTA" and see what they have these days.
    No box will help with signal drop-out if the issue is caused by too small a dish, line-of-sight obstructions, or hardware intermittants. (But, for example, on Ku band 103 degree I get intermittent dropouts on the NBC mux but good solid signal on NHK/RT TP--I expect that the NBC mux is 8PSK and the downlink stations most likely have around a 6 foot dish while I use a 31 inch dish for 103).
    Last edited by jvvh5897; 09-06-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 6 Posts

gsky v7 hd

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

I ended up ordering a Freesat V8 Super. A member said it's a great box. Won't be here for a bit though. It's coming from China.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

Wow! The Freesat V8 Super is unbelievable! It pulled in the Epix transponder that the other two receivers I tried didn't. I'm going to set up a dish at my house now. Not just at the lake. Thanks for all the input people.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dcapper For This Useful Post: