Thread: Linkbox 9000i freezing after guide scan

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12x in 9 Posts

Default Linkbox 9000i freezing after guide scan

Every time I scan the guide on the Linkbox 9000i, I get freezing for about a 1/2 hour and it is any channel. This is even after rebooting the modem, Linkbox, everything. Then doing a fresh scan for the guide. I even changed internet provider to a faster more reliable one.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

I'm not sure if anyone will have a fix for you. To get the guide, the box has to monitor the TP that has the guide so it could be switching in the background from the TP your channel is on to that with the guide whenever the data rate for the channel drops (there can be 10 channels on a TP so you can guess that 90% of the time the stream is carrying another chs data, but you can't always tell when a packet for a given ch will show up). The box also has to process the guide data--that includes unpacking it from the compression scheme they use and eliminating duplicates, as well as parsing the time/channel data and formatting it into a guide structure--not a big processor cycle hog, but not a little one either for 7 days of EPG.
    So the fix might be not to load the full EPG if you don't need it, or to just wait till the processing is all done on the EPG ch before moving to the ch you want. There are lots of posts saying that the box does not do EPG very cleanly so you might just have to live with it.