Thread: which Kodi is best, 16.1 or what?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 90x in 58 Posts

Default which Kodi is best, 16.1 or what?

Been about a year since I bought my T1, but since my internet provider couldn't provide fast enough speeds, I put it in the cupboard, until now, so I'll tell you I feel a tad illiterate. So I see a bunch of different KODI stuff. and need some education as to some of your know-how's. Now I have Kodi 16.1 Jarvis using a build called ? (I forget the name of it). Should I install a kodi 17.5 kinda thing or is that even possible with the Dreamlink T1?? Another thing is how well does this unit work with IPTV as that was something I never tried a year ago and any suggestions as for server providers. I suspect that iptv providers is added into my VOD app.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,328x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

Quote Originally Posted by aceallenk View Post
    Been about a year since I bought my T1, but since my internet provider couldn't provide fast enough speeds, I put it in the cupboard, until now, so I'll tell you I feel a tad illiterate. So I see a bunch of different KODI stuff. and need some education as to some of your know-how's. Now I have Kodi 16.1 Jarvis using a build called ? (I forget the name of it). Should I install a kodi 17.5 kinda thing or is that even possible with the Dreamlink T1?? Another thing is how well does this unit work with IPTV as that was something I never tried a year ago and any suggestions as for server providers. I suspect that iptv providers is added into my VOD app.
    kodi 17 or higher cant be loaded You can try the modified versions in the market spmc or ftmc

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 11x in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    kodi 17 or higher cant be loaded You can try the modified versions in the market spmc or ftmc
    can you plz post some link to download for
    I am not very tech savy
    appreciate that.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crown Royal

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeja Gee View Post
    I am not very tech savy
    appreciate that.
    download what for what?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 380x in 218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeja Gee View Post
    I am not very tech savy
    appreciate that.
    Go to youtube and search for kodi 17.3 fork. Lots of instructional videos there.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crown Royal

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylarue View Post
    Go to youtube and search for kodi 17.3 fork. Lots of instructional videos there.
    hmmmm If he has a t1 he cant load kodi onto it and if he doesnt why not 17.5?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

hmmmm If he has a t1 he cant load kodi onto it and if he doesnt why not 17.5?
    I like 17.3 because the extended info works. It does not work on 17.4 or 17.5.

I have never owned a t1, and I did not know that you can't load them. When I saw it only had android 4, it was a no brainer not to buy it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to johnnylarue For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 90x in 58 Posts

Have been unable to instal ares wizard today from any url's provided including the áres project repo, i'm really thinking it's a Canadian thing. and will probably need a vpn like IVANISH, SMARTDNS, etc to hide a little traffic and something. Anyways what I was trying to instal was kodi17.3 ftmc from the T1 market then do kodi utube instal with Mchanga favorite. She was using ARES Wizard on that Utube video which never worked (failed to instal) so I googled Ares wizard and tried all 4 there url's that all failed, then more searching revealed all have been disabled, hence onto project-repo which also failed. So has the hiding of an IP become the only norm?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crown Royal

Have been unable to instal ares wizard today from any url's provided including the áres project repo, i'm really thinking it's a Canadian thing. and will probably need a vpn like IVANISH, SMARTDNS, etc to hide a little traffic and something. Anyways what I was trying to instal was kodi17.3 ftmc from the T1 market then do kodi utube instal with Mchanga favorite. She was using ARES Wizard on that Utube video which never worked (failed to instal) so I googled Ares wizard and tried all 4 there url's that all failed, then more searching revealed all have been disabled, hence onto project-repo which also failed. So has the hiding of an IP become the only norm?
    are you using ares-repo.eu? I havent loaded any ares build in a few weeks but i had no issues then

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Ares wizard is working now. Tried it with and without a VPN on my HTPC. They must have been offline for a bit.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 90x in 58 Posts

are you using ares-repo.eu? I havent loaded any ares build in a few weeks but i had no issues then
    Yes, that's the url that I'm trying to load, just tried again and it gives me the message, failed to instal add on from zip file. Again. I tried it tonight with the kodi16.1 Jarvis that I loaded from the store. Could my internet speed be the culprit, ping=100ms, download=8.34Mbps, upload=1.42Mbps. Hmmm, yet my speed was slower a year ago before I put receiver in the cupboard a year ago.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 90x in 58 Posts

Lol. just an update, Wow, finally got the add-on enabled for the kodi wizard

15. The Following User Says Thank You to aceallenk For This Useful Post: