Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to figure out a way to have 5 LNB's with 2 receivers

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 41x in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
    Why cascade two DPP44's?? When the DPP44 switch will run 3 receiver's (DPP power inserter must be on the #1 port by it's self) just fine.

Also some receivers and setups do not like to work very well with a SW21 and a DPP 44 switch attached on the same line.

Like I have said some have got lucky and got it to work and some have pulled their hair out trying to.

See most DPP LNB's with internal switches can only go to Diseqc port #4, after that they quit, and they also could be confused by the commands for the SW21 what uses 22 KHz on and off to switch between two single LNB dishes, also the SW21 is a legacy product and may not work too well with the newer DPP type stuff.

All you can do is try it out, if you get lucky then great, if you suffer from too much hair loss the we can link you to some Rogain suppliers.

Anyway you try it be sure to ground everything, a good solid ground to all attached switches and dishes will help.
    The DPP44 switch only takes 4 LNB's and they are wanting 5. If you use an SW21 you can only add the last LNB to one receiver, not all the receivers as they are trying to do. If you cascade can't you bring them all together then out to all receivers? If you are using DPPlus LNB's with an internal switch they are designed to work with the DPP44 and the SW21 seems to play nicely with them and the receivers. Just something that works and a way of doing it. Works well with Dreamlink and Linkbox that I know of.

Does cascading only add more receivers? Or can you add the 5th LNB?
    Last edited by harry3456; 01-09-2018 at 01:58 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,660x in 3,245 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Quote Originally Posted by harry3456 View Post
    The DPP44 switch only takes 4 LNB's and they are wanting 5. If you use an SW21 you can only add the last LNB to one receiver, not all the receivers as they are trying to do. If you cascade can't you bring them all together then out to all receivers? If you are using DPPlus LNB's with an internal switch they are designed to work with the DPP44 and the SW21 seems to play nicely with them and the receivers. Just something that works and a way of doing it. Works well with Dreamlink and Linkbox that I know of.

Does cascading only add more receivers? Or can you add the 5th LNB?
    It only lets you add more receivers, with OEM receivers you can add up to 12, with FTA receivers you only add up to 9, but your still locked into 4 satellites, the DPP44 switch will only take 4 DPP type LNB inputs, it is only compatible with DPP equipment, the older DP44 switch is compatible with standard LNB's and most DP type LNB's and a SW44 is only compatible with legacy LNB's.

I would use 5 single satellite dual output LNB's and a proper multi switch, less things to go wrong.
    ♫♫♫ I知 a lumberjack and I知 OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

Wont work, too many switching problems with two DPP type LNB's that have internal switches set to their own ports, the DP 500 uses Diseqc ports #1 and #2 with #3 set aside for an external DP type LNB, (Dish 500 with a single dual satellite LNB) the same for the D1000 LNB except it is set for #1, #2 and #3 with #4 set aside for an external DP type LNB.

Now some may have got it to work using an 22 KHz switch but most will cross talk (22 KHz coax shield leakage) and cause major hair loss.

See the Diseqc switch inside the Dish Pro LNB's uses a 22 KHz signal supplied by the receiver to switch between the available internal ports, these internal switch ports can not be turned off, so using an external switch will only complicate things.

As I stated above the best way to try and use a 5 satellite setup is with 5 single DP LNB's and an external DC powered switch, the powered switch is needed to run the 5 LNB's as 95% of the FTA receivers out there can not supply the necessary DC current to run more then 2 of the DP pro LNB's at the same time. The Dish 1000 LNB needs over 700 mA to run right, most FTA receivers can only supply 500 mA at most.

This is why a ton of FTA receivers have power supply burn out problems, the user's are tying to run too many LNB's at once. This power problem may take a while to show up but it will cause serious damage to the receivers LNB power supply.
    Could you not use two SW21 switches to connect the 1000.2 and the Dishpro 500 lnb's? And of course adding some power to the setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mavrick For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

SW 21's are legacy switches, remember the DPP LNB's use band stacking to get all the transponders down one coax at once, the SW 21 may not have the upper frequency response needed to get the higher band use by the DPP LNB's, there is a DP21 switch but it will not work with DPP (Dish Pro Plus) LNB's.

It is this band stacking that causes problems with other types of switches, they just don't have the upper frequency response needed for the higher band used for the "R" transponders.

The only switch designed to work (without switch problems) with the DPP type LNB's is the DPP44, and it is limited to only 4 satellites as that is all Dish OEM receivers have to work with.

Note, the Dish 1000 LNB does not need to use the DPP44 switch as it has a 4 port switch built in, it can switch 110, 119, 129 internally and 118 from an external input.

"If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26x in 22 Posts

i use 2 dishes 3 lnb on 1 dish 2 on the other dish and an 8&1 switch it works grate

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

SW 21's are legacy switches, remember the DPP LNB's use band stacking to get all the transponders down one coax at once, the SW 21 may not have the upper frequency response needed to get the higher band use by the DPP LNB's, there is a DP21 switch but it will not work with DPP (Dish Pro Plus) LNB's.

It is this band stacking that causes problems with other types of switches, they just don't have the upper frequency response needed for the higher band used for the "R" transponders.

The only switch designed to work (without switch problems) with the DPP type LNB's is the DPP44, and it is limited to only 4 satellites as that is all Dish OEM receivers have to work with.

Note, the Dish 1000 LNB does not need to use the DPP44 switch as it has a 4 port switch built in, it can switch 110, 119, 129 internally and 118 from an external input.
    I have seen the SW21 work with those LNB's many times with no issues, unless the technology has changed in them now.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

OK, I give up, you all want to try stuff that has been proven in lab tests to not work too well with each other, go ahead and try, you may get lucky, or you may not, and if you get it to work GREAT, if not then sorry for the hair loss.

Not all combinations will work in all situations and environments, everyone's setup is different.

"Can you HIDE it"?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

OK, I give up, you all want to try stuff that has been proven in lab tests to not work too well with each other, go ahead and try, you may get lucky, or you may not, and if you get it to work GREAT, if not then sorry for the hair loss.

Not all combinations will work in all situations and environments, everyone's setup is different.
    I couldn't agree more, it's crazy what works and doesn't work sometimes, that's why it's always nice to have different options to try

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 322x in 107 Posts
    Items Immunity to TheftRepMotorcycle
Gift received at 01-29-2020, 01:16 AM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM from Bluegrass

So,
    Lot here to choose from, fwiw my plumber did this and it works. It痴 a bit costly but only option for his setup.

110 119 129 Dish1000.2 to Dpp+44 multi switch with power supply to port one

91 82 on Dpp+ to another Dpp+44 multi switch with power supply to port one

Each Dpp+Multi switch supplies any oem receivers with their satellites and is cascadable, and can support single line service to dual tuner oem receivers with the addition of a separator a the back of the receiver. Or dish hopper with node added.

For the fta recevers to see all 5 sats, use an output feed from each Dpp+44 multi sw to an old legacy sw-22 multi switch. It doesn稚 t matter witch sat group (dish or bev) goes to input 1 or 2. But do take note, because it will matter when setting up the fta.
    Run the output from sw22 to fta rec. The setup for each fta will basically Dpp for all sats and switch sw-22 line 1 and 2 to legacy.

*******Note what Terryl said*******

The Dish 1000 LNB needs over 700 mA to run right, most FTA receivers can only supply 500 mA at most.

This is why a ton of FTA receivers have power supply burn out problems, the user's are tying to run too many LNB's at once. This power problem may take a while to show up but it will cause serious damage to the receivers LNB power supply.

This is true and my plumber burned out a couple of dreamlink fta痴 before discovering what the issue was. The Dpp+ Lnb & multiswitches are a power pig. Even with an inserter. Slow learner I guess. But he has a nfusion Hd now that works flawlessly.

Cheers.
    Last edited by wedalan; 01-17-2018 at 03:37 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wedalan For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12