Thread: D-Link powerline cpl av 500

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 10 Posts

Default D-Link powerline cpl av 500

Been having problems connecting to server via wifi lately. Tried the Vonet first with no success, now am trying the D-Link powerline cpl av 500. It does connect okay, all three indicator lights are solid green on both units, both plugged into the wall outlet, but when I try to connect to the server to get my Dreamlink T5 for TV it says can't connect to server? I have all the correct info in place, so not sure why it isn't working.
    I have read quite a lot of posts explaining how to setup the static connection, but it does connect, so I am baffled to why I get no wifi connection to the server? Sorry if I've posted in the wrong area, just thought this is a wifi issue.
    testing viewsat ultra, viewsat platinum light, coolsat 6000, dreamlink HD T5

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,017x in 5,704 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

I've had less than no luck with any of several types of ac line adapters.I could not get reliable internet with them.I opted for a wireless repeater which works much better.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 10 Posts

But there has to be a reason, because the connection is perfect, green lights on all 3 spots, so it has to be something in the static set up in the dreamlink t5..with ip address etc. I am not sure what to type in there? perhaps i should post in the t5 section.
    testing viewsat ultra, viewsat platinum light, coolsat 6000, dreamlink HD T5

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 134x in 68 Posts

you can try the the static set up by entering in DNS 1 :208.067.222.222 and DNS 2 :208.067.220.220 see if that will work
    PLEASE Do NOT PM me for support! Post ALL Support questions in the forums for all members to benefit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to marcel.crash For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,660x in 3,245 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Try it directly to the router via a CAT5 LAN cable first, this will rule out any possible problems with the receiver.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,241x in 2,121 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
    But there has to be a reason, because the connection is perfect, green lights on all 3 spots, so it has to be something in the static set up in the dreamlink t5..with ip address etc. I am not sure what to type in there? perhaps i should post in the t5 section.
    Best Bet I have found to work is not to use Static setup, but let the router/modem assign it a IP (DHCP) Once you have it working properly then go into router settings (log into router) and assign it the IP it was given, then it won't be looking for one all the time under DHCP mode.