Thread: t5 and vonet, problems

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 10 Posts

Default t5 and vonet, problems

Was setting up a new box in a different room and didn't have access to direct ethernet hook up, so am using the Vonet (purple) wifi bridge connector. Followed the instruction best I could, but all that happens is, I get 'Connection OK ()' so I know I am not connecting to the server. And to verify I go to Network settings and try to connect. Says 'Connecting...please wait', then says 'Can't connect'. What changes do I need to make?
    testing viewsat ultra, viewsat platinum light, coolsat 6000, dreamlink HD T5

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957x in 1,404 Posts

are you sure that the vonets is set up right on your network and working ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to swan For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 10 Posts

Yes, I opened up the settings for the device and told it to recognize my ISP. It did, so saved and unplugged from the laptop and hooked up to the receiver. Now recognizes the connection(connection is ok) diplays, this morning got the message (server is connected). That is good, it didn't do that last night, not sure why.
    I still get nothing in the brackets which tells me I may have to do a hard reboot, but everytime I do that I get the message(no ethernet connection) with the vonet. Because the vonet is plugged in to the T5 for power, I think that is why is keeps wanting me to restore the internet connection. I may have to find a way to power this vonet directly to the wall, if I can find a power adapter that is compatible.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296x in 2,138 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

I had to power mine externally with a power adapter, to make it work properly
    not enough power from T5 alone.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 10 Posts

To finish this thread off thought I would let all know it was the modem/router that was causing the issues. The Vonet works great, just had to change the modem/router to one that would allow server connections.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommyboy For This Useful Post: