Thread: Device ID

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 140x in 89 Posts

Smile Device ID

Hello:

Does anyone know how to get the "Device ID" from either a Mag 254 or Buzz 3000?

I also have a T95M Android box running the EMU Pro and notice there is a 64 character alphanumeric device ID number in the settings when your setting up the emulator. From what I've read this number is generated on start up and stays with the box until a full reset to the device has been selected, at which time a new device id number is generated.

I heard sourcing the Dev ID may be possible with a program called "Wireshark" where you can spoof the information your after, though I haven't tried this yet. It sounds a bit complicated but, maybe its just more that I'm not familiar with the process of doing it.

Once I find out what the Dev ID is, the next road block would be how do you change it to match the other? I see there are apps in the Google Play store that can identify and also change Dev ID's but, they seem to be mostly for phones from what I can see.

I'm only planning to use one device at a time depending where in the house I am.

Thank you for any feedback you might offer..

Cheers

Shark1959
    Last edited by Shark1959; 01-23-2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: More info

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 140x in 89 Posts

Smile Update

Hello:

OK last night I downloaded 'Wireshark" and got a step closer. I managed to capture the "Device ID" number as well as other info from both the Buzz box and the Mag 254 as they communicated with the IPTV server. I still don't know if its possible though to changed this number to match one or the other, so that both boxes have the same Device ID number.

Cheers

Shark1959
    Last edited by Shark1959; 01-23-2018 at 04:28 PM. Reason: More info

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 274x in 134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shark1959 View Post
    Hello:

OK last night I downloaded 'Wireshark" and got a step closer. I managed to capture the "Device ID" number as well as other info from both the Buzz box and the Mag 254 as they communicated with the IPTV server. I still don't know if its possible though to changed this number to match one or the other, so that both boxes have the same Device ID number.

Cheers

Shark1959
    No you can not change it.These boxes are also based on using the mac.For what you are trying to do you need to change the mac for whatever box you want to watch.Even if you get the same macs on both boxes you will have to do a iptv reset because the device id is different and can't be changed.Only option is is to use a M3u file on both boxes.But only one at a time.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgem View Post
    No you can not change it.These boxes are also based on using the mac.For what you are trying to do you need to change the mac for whatever box you want to watch.Even if you get the same macs on both boxes you will have to do a iptv reset because the device id is different and can't be changed.Only option is is to use a M3u file on both boxes.But only one at a time.
    Or he can use the information he collected regarding Device ID and serial number, etc and use it on STBEmu. Please don't abuse it by using it on multiple devices simultaneously since you will get your account locked.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 11x in 6 Posts

Which one is more critical from the mag box, ser# or device ID, needed for stb emulator?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 11x in 6 Posts

Is the device ID different than serial #? Please reply as I want to use stb emulator instead of mag box.
    Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 140x in 89 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TVServiceClub View Post
    Or he can use the information he collected regarding Device ID and serial number, etc and use it on STBEmu. Please don't abuse it by using it on multiple devices simultaneously since you will get your account locked.

Yes I`ve already done that with the emulator and I never watch more than one at a time for that very fact.

Cheers

Shark1959

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 140x in 89 Posts

Smile

Mino wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by minonano View Post
    Which one is more critical from the mag box, ser# or device ID, needed for stb emulator?
    The Dev ID

Is the device ID different than serial #? Please reply as I want to use stb emulator instead of mag box.
    Thanks
    Yes it is.

Cheers

Shark1959
    Last edited by Shark1959; 01-27-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: More info

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 11x in 6 Posts

Shark
    What does it look like, how many characters, etc, I all try using wireshark.
    Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 140x in 89 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by minonano View Post
    Shark
    What does it look like, how many characters, etc, I all try using wireshark.
    Thanks
    It is a 64 character alphanumeric number.

Take a look here how to get it.
    HTML Code:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTV/comments/5rihha/possible_to_get_device_id_from_mag_box/
    Let me know if you need help with it.

Cheers

Shark1959

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 11x in 6 Posts

Thanks I will let you know.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 11x in 6 Posts

Default Pm

Shark I have sent you pm. Got the ID but!!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

hi can someone help me get the mag box ID ??