Thread: Bell Fibe Sharing

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 254x in 85 Posts

Default Bell Fibe Sharing

I met a person last night that told me he shares a Bell Fibe plan with someone at a different address.I asked how was that possible.he said that it works by the Internet and that he had changed the the VPN and other settings so it is like the host address.He is a Software Tech so possibly it was no big deal for him.
    I just didn't know it was possible.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 183x in 108 Posts

he'd need the service menu access on the reciever to do that. Plus I thought you needed the main hub for wireless connectivity.??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wheresmystuff For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 254x in 85 Posts

I don't really know how it works.He did tell me that it fails once in a while.Perhaps he has access to the service menu somehow.The way I understood it,is he married his internet settings to the host.I know to little about this stuff but the guy seem legit.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 183x in 108 Posts

cool would be interested to find out more. I may ask my bro in law for his spare to fool around.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

I did not test it but i know you can connect those receiver bu ethernet cable not only wifi. Then you setup a transparent VPN tunnel and the receiver should be seen like its in the original house.

I also thinked to try it over wifi with 2 unifi unit they make a wireless wire and are not seen byt the equipement.