Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: issue with update

Putski is offline Visiting Dignitary/ 2019 nfl week 16 champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,064x in 999 Posts
    Items Some beerHookahA BeerImmunity to Theft

so can we use a good buzz box upload the firmware out of the box and load it up onto a usb drive and post it?
    Last edited by Putski; 03-18-2018 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 45x in 29 Posts

hard wire it for the internet, then unplug and then plug back in, it will boot up upgrade, I never use wi-fi to upgrade
    Last edited by bcbud; 03-18-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 380x in 218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcbud View Post
    hard wire it for the internet, then unplug and then plug back in, it will boot up upgrade, I never use wi-fi to upgrade
    I always leave updates off in my settings. When an update arrives, the buzz box makes a ding ding sound, and then I turn off any open apps and change the setting to allow updates. I am hard wired, and the 650mb update on;y took 60 sec to DL, and another 3 -5 min to install.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to johnnylarue For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 52x in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylarue View Post
    mygica, the company that makes the buzz, posts firmware updates for it's units on their site. Maybe buzz won't post firmware updates because of legal reasons.
    they not asking for firmware updates all they want is the original firmware which is when you needed when your box not responding properly.

Anyways if this problem keep happening with this box , No one wants to take the update then they will be scared lol
    Buzz team need to resolve this problem other then having a box shipped out some where which is all time consuming.

Like i said before customers having little problems like this and they have to go through a lot. It is a great box but this little problem can hurt in future.
    311, 322, VIP 211,
    Fortecs, Pansat, Viewsat,Cnx
    Dreambox
    Neosat, Limesat,
    Pivos ,Q Android
    Buzz

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 380x in 218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RIDER View Post
    they not asking for firmware updates all they want is the original firmware which is when you needed when your box not responding properly.

Anyways if this problem keep happening with this box , No one wants to take the update then they will be scared lol
    Buzz team need to resolve this problem other then having a box shipped out some where which is all time consuming.

Like i said before customers having little problems like this and they have to go through a lot. It is a great box but this little problem can hurt in future.
    maybe they will post the firmware, like their parent company, mygica does with all its units. i'd bet most of the problems are caused by people taking the update by wifi, while they are using the tv app. turn the apps off, and take the updates hardwired.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I had an issue where the update to mine would download but wouldn’t install, nothing I did changed it I re downloaded it multiple times to the internal and external storage and still had the same problem didn’t matter if automatic update or manual update was checked off. I would get the option to express install or redownload the update and I would click install a pop up would say my buzz would reboot into the update screen but it would just keep going back to my home page and nothing I did would worked I reset device and everything would load up normal just not install the update was getting pretty annoyed lol then something told me to open my settings and click apps looked under running apps found one called update force stopped the app cleared data and cache and then rebooted the buzz again clicked update in my settings and bam not even 30 seconds the update was downloaded and was booted into the update screen and took not even 5 mins to install my buzz has been a lot faster since the update and apps no longer crashing, hoping the android 7 nougat update is not as difficult as this one does anyone know when the new OS version will be released?
    Last edited by DeeJayDutchie; 03-19-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 815x in 466 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassTractor
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassMonitor
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassCheetos
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from Bluegrass

When I had my xpl 2000 and first 3000 all my updates went smooth and I'm working with 6mb download.

Yeah I know some guys are frustrated with the implementation of the recent update but I give thanks knowing the people behind my unit have worked hard to compile firmware which seeks to solve some issue that someone out complained about. An update means improvement and I think that is good thing. Sure everything won't run as smooth getting it onto the unit but these guys are trying, they are taking the feedback seriously but they need your understanding and patience..... atleast.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maestro701 For This Useful Post:

Putski is offline Visiting Dignitary/ 2019 nfl week 16 champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,064x in 999 Posts
    Items Some beerHookahA BeerImmunity to Theft

Quote Originally Posted by Putski View Post
    so can we use a good buzz box upload the firmware out of the box and load it up onto a usb drive and post it?
    I have the same issue as sqirtncider, any info besides sending it in?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123