Thread: Formuler Z7+

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 157x in 85 Posts

Default Formuler Z7+

Has anyone had a chance to test it out? I am hoping to get my hands on nice pvr box. Buzz is okay but I would like something more dependable. Anyone try out the Formuler z7+?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 52x in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoName View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to test it out? I am hoping to get my hands on nice pvr box. Buzz is okay but I would like something more dependable. Anyone try out the Formuler z7+?
    i have both and if I have to decide which one to keep, it would be buzz. Don't get me wrong, they both have their pros and cons.

Z7+ recording is one button push, playing recorded program is seamless, you can change picture settings in more than one way. It seems the picture quality is a tad better than buzz's.
    Cons: Audio issues with some audio formats ( need to download audio codec to make it work), booting time sometimes takes forever ( found a workaround after a very long time). Issues with certain SD Cards. EPG slow to load ( the fix is coming end of March).
    Rrecentny, issues with loading OK2 server on Z7+

It it took me a long time to resolve all of this and I am quite happy with it, hence keeping it .
    Buzz is very simple to setup and I recommend it to all of my friends so I don't spend time fixing their z7+. I know, it is selfish...

like I said earlier, I like both boxes but if I have to pick only one to keep, it would be Buzztv.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shoma For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 157x in 85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shoma View Post
    i have both and if I have to decide which one to keep, it would be buzz. Don't get me wrong, they both have their pros and cons.

Z7+ recording is one button push, playing recorded program is seamless, you can change picture settings in more than one way. It seems the picture quality is a tad better than buzz's.
    Cons: Audio issues with some audio formats ( need to download audio codec to make it work), booting time sometimes takes forever ( found a workaround after a very long time). Issues with certain SD Cards. EPG slow to load ( the fix is coming end of March).
    Rrecentny, issues with loading OK2 server on Z7+

It it took me a long time to resolve all of this and I am quite happy with it, hence keeping it .
    Buzz is very simple to setup and I recommend it to all of my friends so I don't spend time fixing their z7+. I know, it is selfish...

like I said earlier, I like both boxes but if I have to pick only one to keep, it would be Buzztv.
    Thanks Shoma for the very helpful and detailed reply. I like the Buzz a great deal. My only complaint is that I wish it had one touch recording. And sometimes when I set it to record shows, the shows aren't there. But maybe that is more of a server thing.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 52x in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoName View Post
    Thanks Shoma for the very helpful and detailed reply. I like the Buzz a great deal. My only complaint is that I wish it had one touch recording. And sometimes when I set it to record shows, the shows aren't there. But maybe that is more of a server thing.
    Yes, one touch recording is one big plus for z7+.
    If we combine all good features of both boxes, it would ba a perfect one
    That’s why I keep both. Z7+ is perfect for me to record early English soccer games.

And I really hope the upcoming update will resolve the current issues. Will keep you in the loop.

Cheers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoma For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 2 Posts

I have the formuler Z7+& do not have the problems you are having. The SD card has to be formatted to NFTS as mine was having problems before I formatted it. The guide is a little slow. But overall is a pretty decent box.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to norton13 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 113x in 55 Posts
    Items the travel gnomeCashEnglandEgyptSome beerDishDevilYing & yang

can you side load apps like the terrarium tv or show box?
    dose it have a built in wifi?

on the old dreamlink t1 you had a last channel memory so it showed the last 10 channels you had click on so say a person who likes to watch 3 shows at a time because they hate commercials its a bonus do they have this with the z7+

oh just one more.

is there any big differences between the z7 and the t2? other then the ram.

i only ask i have an opportunity for a t2 for 100 or the z7+ for 120
    who should i pick
    Last edited by android fun; 04-06-2018 at 04:47 AM.