Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Viewsat Ultra & HH90 STAB USALS(HELP!)

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vapor View Post
    I played around with the v1.7 but have yet to find an option to do so. If I find one I'll post. The best thing imo is to edit an existing list or upload a fresh one from the stb. There are two files for the viewsat from what I've seen. One being a CHA file and one .sat file. There should be both in the file section. I know there is a .sat file dating back to 2015 so it should be pretty current I would think except for a couple of birds. Again I'm more used to editing for the SV and it only has a single file so I'm a bit lost as to why the VS has two. Or if both are needed to update the sat list. I'm assuming as with the SV you can upload/download a fresh list from the VS via USB or with the editor. Probably the only two that would require editing name wise with the existing .sat file would be the AMC 6 for 72W and ES 4 to for 77W. Of coarse you could probably leave the named as is and just update the tp list. If the VS is like the SV it doesn't go on the name of the sat but the degree motor wise.

If the VS is similar to the SV you could edit the sat name and most things in the tp list in the stb but not the degree of a sat. example 72 to 72.7. Like the VS the SV had an editor some what designed for it or one of it's cousins. So somethings could be edited outside the stb with that editor or CM. If you couldn't edit something with one editor you could with the other. But both editors had there issues. Just have to play around with them and see if using one or both gets the best result.

There is also from what I'm seeing a sat list bulit into v1.7 for the VS that I would assume you could construct a fresh list if one wanted to go that route.

Would have included some screen shots but laptop has issues and I have to go into safe mode to get some stuff to come together to post screen shots lol.
    Vapor, I get a answer from a other forum for the EAST #. (Take the west longitude of the satellite, subtract it from 360, and multiply by 10.) Voila.
    Always a live...VS Ultra,VS Pro!,VS 9000HD.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T95KPRO For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 70x in 35 Posts
    Items A Beer
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 08:15 PM from BluegrassBurger
Gift received at 01-03-2020, 04:57 PM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by T95KPRO View Post
    Vapor, I get a answer from a other forum for the EAST #. (Take the west longitude of the satellite, subtract it from 360, and multiply by 10.) Voila.
    Glad ya got an answer to your question. SV I know a bit about but VS just no experience there. Sadly as it stands now I don't have to worry much east or west in regard to a motor. After a little over a decade my SG2100 decided to move as far east as possible, curled up and died. Oh well nothing last forever. Not sure as to my plan yet. May try and repair my SG or go with a HH90 still weighting options. May just go super poorman lol. Got a few pans to play around with.
    Last edited by vapor; 06-17-2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: forgetted a d

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,366x in 852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    motors are a pure waste of time .... stand alone dishes are the only way to go ........
    I used a VS ultra (swtiched to a Viewsat max receiver for HD) and with a movable dish and a SG-2100 dish motor and invacom quad lnb with no problems at all.....it worked like a charm. Still have but haven't used it for quite awhile. It sits in my shop collecting dust.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kenkell1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vapor View Post
    Glad ya got an answer to your question. SV I know a bit about but VS just no experience there. Sadly as it stands now I don't have to worry much east or west in regard to a motor. After a little over a decade my SG2100 decided to move as far east as possible, curled up and died. Oh well nothing last forever. Not sure as to my plan yet. May try and repair my SG or go with a HH90 still weighting options. May just go super poorman lol. Got a few pans to play around with.
    Ho! I see on Sadoun site they have some motor parts. Maybe the brain of your motor have burn. I saw on ebay HH90 motor,but you can find a better price at a other store. Good luck Man!
    Always a live...VS Ultra,VS Pro!,VS 9000HD.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to T95KPRO For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 47x in 31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kenkell1 View Post
    I used a VS ultra (swtiched to a Viewsat max receiver for HD) and with a movable dish and a SG-2100 dish motor and invacom quad lnb with no problems at all.....it worked like a charm. Still have but haven't used it for quite awhile. It sits in my shop collecting dust.
    even in those days ..... it was stupid .... why ???........ you would lose the guide if switch to another sat ....... EPG is located on different birds ...... thus is why i junked it ...... it's NOT like a earth station ........

eg: below

& i seriously doubt anyone here has ever actually been inside one of these let alone work there ......

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ric For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 70x in 35 Posts
    Items A Beer
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 08:15 PM from BluegrassBurger
Gift received at 01-03-2020, 04:57 PM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by T95KPRO View Post
    Ho! I see on Sadoun site they have some motor parts. Maybe the brain of your motor have burn. I saw on ebay HH90 motor,but you can find a better price at a other store. Good luck Man!
    Was checking them out the other day. Figured I would email them to see if they still had the parts for the SG in stock before I ordered. But I would say the chances of getting a reply back will be slim to none. Seems to be the norm now days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12