Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viewsat Ultra & HH90 STAB USALS(HELP!)

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts

Question Viewsat Ultra & HH90 STAB USALS(HELP!)

Hi Guys! I need you help to set up my motor...now I'm confuse! I used USALS mode,But I enter the info Latitude and Longitude but i'm not sure! I want to do real free to air with Circular & Linear.

My setup.:
    - 33 inch dish on Nimiq 1-3 (91w) with Invacom Quad QPH031.
    - IRD: Viesat Ultra (in USALS mode Only for setup) (But i want to use Nfusion and Linkbox)

- On dishpointer the give me my position,but how to enter the real value when one is in minus?

Thanks for your help!

Your Location
    Latitude: 48.5154°
    Longitude: -72.2256°
    Satellite Data
    Name: 91.1W NIMIQ 6
    Distance: 38491km
    Dish Setup Data
    Elevation: 31.4°
    Azimuth (true): 204.5°
    Azimuth (magn.): 220.6°
    LNB Skew [?]: 16.0°
    Turn clockwise standing behind the dish
    Always a live...VS Ultra,VS Pro!,VS 9000HD.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 70x in 35 Posts
    Items A Beer
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 08:15 PM from BluegrassBurger
Gift received at 01-03-2020, 04:57 PM from Bluegrass

Not familiar with that motor but the below should work:

Latitude: 48.5°
    Longitude: 72.2°

With my SG2100 I always put it the Long. in as I did with Lat. Always over looked the (-) until reading your post. Life's a learning experience and we learn something new every day. After reading this done a quick google to find out myself...

Longitude designates East and West of the Prime Meridian. A negative latitude means South of the Equator, and a negative longitude means West of the Prime Meridian.
    Far from being an expert but from messing with stb's going back to pansat I don't recall having to input the (-) in either slot when it came to USALS. Maybe this will be helpful. Foot print below:

91W-Ku-NM6.jpg
    Last edited by vapor; 05-03-2018 at 01:51 AM. Reason: typo

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts

Thanks for info Vapor. I enter Lat.&Long. In the same format you write. I need to find my thrut south and reconfigure Quad Lnbf. Alson dishpointer give me this info for motor elevation:48.5.

Satellite Data
    Name: Stab HH90
    Distance: 38242km
    Dish Setup Data
    Motor Latitude: 48.5°
    Declination Angle: 7.2°
    Dish Elevation: 38°
    Azimuth (true): 180.0°
    Azimuth (magn.): 196.0°

But Stab website give me this:
    LAT: 48.5°N
    LON: 72.2°W
    HH90 & HH90S: 37.8°

And wich motor elevation i use? 37.8 or 48.5? I setup the motor at 37.8 the dish at 31.3 on 91w. I get signal. Buth i need to find the thrut south and set-up the quad lnbf correctly to get 97W channels too.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 70x in 35 Posts
    Items A Beer

From my read with the HH90 and your location motor elevation is 48.5° and dish elevation should be around 37.8°. Again I have the SG2100 and the motor mount/clamp are different. Motor elevation should always be ones latitude so that one should be correct. I looked up the manual for the HH90 and there are two pin locations on the motor mount/clamp depending on ones latitude being above 45.0° or below. Below from my read should be for your location. Hope this is helpful.
    Opera Snapshot_2018-05-04_051029_www.stab-italia.com.png

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts

Ok when i setup for the firts time i choose the seconde hole bracket like your picture. This week i will retry with de 48.5 for the motor. Now I better understand,my second setting is wrong i used the first hole at 37.8 like stab website give. And can you tell me wich sat is true south for my location? Thks for your help.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 70x in 35 Posts
    Items A Beer

You would want to zero the motor out on a sat. closes to ones longitude. Going on your long. and with the VSU I would say 77W would be best if you are within the footprint. The tp below has a promo ch. that is SD/clear which if you could zero out on you could scan to verify that you were on that sat. For some reason if you can get a signal off of 77W but it won't scan you could manually put the info in for that ch. V-5922 A-5923 PCR-5922. I have seen some stb's get signal with this sat. but would not scan depending on certain files.

77.0W 12.486 (V) SR: 20000 5/6 FEC QPSK DVB-S

Once you tweak the dish on this sat. you can drive the motor to another sat for example 91W. You could use the tp below to tweak to get the best and highest signal on. If the information is still accurate lyngsat list a free preview ch. on the tp below that is SD/clear. Of coarse you could use one of the other tps for this sat. if you preferred. You would get audio with the others just not video. Updated image of the SD/clear below as well. Just for reference:
    FreeB.png

91.0W 12.559 (H) SR: 20000 7/8 FEC QPSK DVB-S

Once you have 91W tweaked then the motor should track the other sats. Remember to have the motor clamp snug to the mast pole but loose enough to rotate the motor until you have it tweaked out.

There is a tp on 82W that could be used with the VSU to drive the motor to and tweak with but it has no ch. in the clear. Not sure on audio with this one. But once you scan this tp it is pretty easy to verify going on the list that shows up. List below...just for reference.

82.0W 12.443 (H) SR: 20000 7/8 FEC QPSK DVB-S

82B.png

Hopefully I didn't miss something as my brain doesn't work at it once did with some of this stuff. My brains memory is backed up on floppy disks lol. Probably some other good info on motor setup within this section as well.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts

Ho yes! Much more info to put in my hard drive. Thank you for your help. I will read it carefully and save it for futur reference. And i will give you news soons. It's very appreciate!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts

Question

Vapor,
    i follow your instruction,but after nimiq 4 at 82 i don't have any signal. I aim the HH90 at true south (196 deg). I aim the dish to Nimiq 4. The dish was center to my motor tube. I fine tune just a little bits clockwise to get strong signal. Dish elevation was at 32 deg. (I think is my probleme,because over this i lost signal). In fact 82w to 123w i get signal. Any idea? I attach some picks to day. I read many time (how to guide to setup hh90). I failed where? My pole was plub very well. Humm,any idea? thks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 70x in 35 Posts
    Items A Beer

If it is tracking all the sats. from 82 to 123 then you maybe where you need to be. And because of your location you may not be able to get anything below 82 or above 123 due to the footprint for those. I will say this.
    If you also have the VS9000HD and you are within the footprint then going by your long. I would try and edit the tp info...12.661 (V) SR: 21500 2/3 FEC 8PSK DVB-S under 72W using that stb instead. Then zero the motor out and tweak by rotating the motor on the mast pole until you get a good strong signal. Once you have it tweaked scan to make sure that your are on 72W. Using that tp info you should have a ch. 101 that is open and in the the clear to verify. You want to zero and tweak the motor on a sat. as close to your long. as possible. So for you and going by your info using the VS9KHD, sat. 72W and the tp info above would be your best option imo. Again I'm more schooled in the SV8K and the SG2100 motor but the stb's and motors should be pretty similar. If you get it tweaked and zeroed on the above info then it should track although you may still have to tweak a bit more. There are roughly 30 tp's on 72 that could be used but that one has something in the clear at the moment. Not easy the explain some of this in text. Plus after a period of time it gets harder to recall. With a sat you hunt, get close, get a signal, verify, mark and tweak.

As to the version of CM I used as reference in my other post it is located in the link version 1.20.03. As far as I know that was the last version released.

https://www.satfix.to/showthread.php...730#post858730

There was also a channel editing for the VS MAX/9000HD v1.7 located in the link below.

https://www.satfix.to/showthread.php...101#post854101

I found some old sat files for VS on site and played around with both these editors. From my brief messing around with them both they seem to work with editing and saving sat info for the VS. Although once the sat file was edited in CM it gave an error message that the file was corrupt if you tried to load it into VSHD editor. Editing in the VSHD editor first then editing in CM afterwards seem to work fine. As to how well they would work and load in the VS that would up to you as I do not have a VS to test. As long as the files are close to the same size after saving I would say the should work and load fine. But with loading any kind of file into an stb there is always a chance on a lock up. I pretty much know the file size for SV but not the VS. Some screen shots below on the loaders and the old VS sat files. You should be able to edit and save some sat info within the stb as well I would assume. At least that's the way it is with the SV and I would say they are pretty close in editing features/options. Can't edit everything but close.
    VS9K.png VS9K1.png
    Last edited by vapor; 06-11-2018 at 01:23 AM. Reason: added info

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vapor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts

Vapor, thanks for alls infos and for your time to repply. I will do a other test and give you news soon. If i can't track no more sat,just to bad. I will keep it like that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to T95KPRO For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 47x in 31 Posts

motors are a pure waste of time .... stand alone dishes are the only way to go ........

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    motors are a pure waste of time .... stand alone dishes are the only way to go ........
    Yes,but it's only a passtime.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to T95KPRO For This Useful Post:

Ric

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts

Vapor, where I found the ( EAST #) in viewsat editor when i want to add a new sat?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 70x in 35 Posts
    Items A Beer

Quote Originally Posted by T95KPRO View Post
    Vapor, where I found the ( EAST #) in viewsat editor when i want to add a new sat?
    I played around with the v1.7 but have yet to find an option to do so. If I find one I'll post. The best thing imo is to edit an existing list or upload a fresh one from the stb. There are two files for the viewsat from what I've seen. One being a CHA file and one .sat file. There should be both in the file section. I know there is a .sat file dating back to 2015 so it should be pretty current I would think except for a couple of birds. Again I'm more used to editing for the SV and it only has a single file so I'm a bit lost as to why the VS has two. Or if both are needed to update the sat list. I'm assuming as with the SV you can upload/download a fresh list from the VS via USB or with the editor. Probably the only two that would require editing name wise with the existing .sat file would be the AMC 6 for 72W and ES 4 to for 77W. Of coarse you could probably leave the named as is and just update the tp list. If the VS is like the SV it doesn't go on the name of the sat but the degree motor wise.

If the VS is similar to the SV you could edit the sat name and most things in the tp list in the stb but not the degree of a sat. example 72 to 72.7. Like the VS the SV had an editor some what designed for it or one of it's cousins. So somethings could be edited outside the stb with that editor or CM. If you couldn't edit something with one editor you could with the other. But both editors had there issues. Just have to play around with them and see if using one or both gets the best result.

There is also from what I'm seeing a sat list bulit into v1.7 for the VS that I would assume you could construct a fresh list if one wanted to go that route.

Would have included some screen shots but laptop has issues and I have to go into safe mode to get some stuff to come together to post screen shots lol.
    Last edited by vapor; 06-13-2018 at 02:30 AM. Reason: added info

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 31x in 19 Posts

Yes I have a sat list from 2016 for VS 9000. I will try it and make a test and give you news. Just post it when are ready.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to T95KPRO For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast