Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1000.2 Question

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Her is a picture of the LNB that I'm using . Seeing how I'm only using 2 of the rec. connections the 3rd can stay there and use power inserter on that one . When I hooked this up originally it said it does the switching internally so I have no other switches hooked up ES175338_1_zoom.jpg

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 41x in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boster1000 View Post
    Her is a picture of the LNB that I'm using . Seeing how I'm only using 2 of the rec. connections the 3rd can stay there and use power inserter on that one . When I hooked this up originally it said it does the switching internally so I have no other switches hooked up ES175338_1_zoom.jpg
    If I were going to set this up, looking at your picture the far left port would take the inserter (port 1). The 2 middle ports 2 and 3 would go to the receivers. You can add another LNB into port 4. It needs to be a DP or DPP LNB though. You can not add a twin only a single. The LNB does have an internal switch and will operate an additional LNB tying into it on port 4. You could add 91, 82 or 118.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Quote Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
    After blowing the qpsk modules on my T5 and LB 8000 receivers and reading around, I home brewed my own power supply to power a dn special lnb for 110, 118,119 and 129 on a separate dish. 3 years running and all's good. DC power of 22VDC is fed to port 1 of the lnb and a quality surge protector is used.

From the posts above if a receiver has only 4 diseqc selections, how could you put a 5th, or more, lnb in the loop? My gut tells me....use another receiver. Correct?

What I don't get is if polarity is switched with 13/18 volts on the receiver side and the lnb's are powered separately, how does that work? From what I've tested port 1 doesn't feed back to the receiver, so it must be lnb power only.
    The D1000 and the other DP type LNB's from Dish or Bell(the newer ones) do not use the 13/18 volt switching anymore, that is for legacy and other types of FTA LNB's.

The DP+ DPP type LNB's use what is called "Band Stacking".

This is where the Left and Right polarity transponders (which are used on Dish and Bell satellites) are put on different bands, the "R" transponders are in the standard 950 to 1450 MHz band, then the "L" transponders are up converted and put in a 1650 to 2150 MHz band, this way all transponders can be put in one coax, this also eliminates one problem on long coax runs, there are no DC voltages to switch anything, so the DC voltage drop problems on long runs of coax is eliminated, and you can go up to 200 feet on one coax.

Also because of the higher frequency band, the coax used with this type of LNB must be rated to 2.5 to 3 GHz.

A standard Dish or Bell OEM receiver will put out around 20 to 22 volts DC, thus the longer you can run the coax.

And be aware the some of the newer LNB's used for the hopper systems are getting out there, these LNB's called DPx are not compatible with FTA receivers, these DPx LNB's use 3 bands for the satellite signals, they might work but you will be missing some transponders.

As to adding a 5th satellite, you could use 5 or more single satellite LNB's and a Diseqc 2.0 switch, or most have used a 22 KHz switch to go to the 5th (or 6th) satellite, this would make for 2 separate systems, one setup for Dish the other for Bell.

Note: for those that may be thinking of trying for the Bell satellites and live in the US, you must be within approximately 200 miles South of the US/Canadian border to receive the signals from 91 and 82.
    Last edited by Terryl; 06-16-2018 at 10:39 PM.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12