Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transponder 3725 on SES1

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 166x in 106 Posts
    Items HeadstonesTV

Default Transponder 3725 on SES1

Is transponder 3725 a weak transponder on SES1? I only can get 50% on my 10’ dish. But other transponders are around 60-70%. The focal point is set to 38 on the lnb.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4x in 3 Posts

hey if you mean metv mux it come's in at 75% on my 10 footer.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

exactly what I'm looking for. I wonder if it's my skew on the lnb?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

If the dish is a movable one then the skew would not matter, as the dish turns and follows the arc of the Clark belt, it skews the LNB along with it.

If you peaked everything on a weak transponder/channel on your DUE South satellite it should be fine, if the skew was off by a few percent it would not make that big of a difference, it would have to off by 10 to 15% or more to make that big a drop.

You could try adjusting it for this channel but if may upset the others.

Now if the LNB was out of alignment (skewed up or down, not centered to dead center of the dish) it could affect the signals from a weak transponder or satellite.

To test this I made up a foam rubber piece that fits inside the LNB and holds a laser pointer,(power button taped down) this helps align the LNB to dead center.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

That's awesome! I'll have to play with that. I found I lost the FETV transponder and EPIX too. Anyone else lose those?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

I just got to the cabin. I’ve lost a pile of transponders. I’m going to play with the focal point and skew. I pushed up and pulled down on the dish. As well as pulling it east and west and no change. It’s a 10’ mesh dish with no trees blocking it.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4x in 3 Posts

hey dc here are the transponder's i get 3821H29724 74% 3954V2733 71% 3958V2734 71% 3962V2734 71% 3975V2734 71% 4181H30000 82% those are just the one's with open channels. my focal is about 37 so u should be close i would check skew for sure good luck

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4x in 3 Posts

one more thing I'd check cable connections are not bad or bad rg6 cable or ends seen that before. watching 101w right now all running great. was great when EPIX was open over Christmas holiday's did lots of recording on PVR

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

Thanks! I'm really wondering what's going on. I have a great signal on some transponders and no signal on others at the lake. At home I get great signal on the ones I don't get at the lake and no signal on others that I get at the lake. For example, FETV transponder at the lake is o to 30%. Works at home with 76%. Metv is 65% at the lake but 51% at home. Both dishes are 10' mesh with a clean shot to the sky and the same Titanium PLL LNB. The poles are both perfectly level. Any ideas? Skew out on the LNB? I checked my distance from the center to back of the LNB and they are setup at 38. I'm in Manitoba like Kyle. We play skatey punchy up here.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4x in 3 Posts

hey dc I'm from Manitoba too small world what receiver's are you using ? I'm running skybox f5s receiver same titanium cpll lnb on a 10 foof unimesh dish

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

Quote Originally Posted by rosser View Post
    hey dc I'm from Manitoba too small world what receiver's are you using ? I'm running skybox f5s receiver same titanium cpll lnb on a 10 foof unimesh dish
    I'm using a Freesat V8 Super. I must have something out of whack. I used compression crimps for the rg6 and it's outdoor flatpack wiring. I have it stationary on SES1.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4x in 3 Posts

I'm not talking about crimps part of connection but the threaded connection. You haven't said if you tryied scewing the lnb I've had issues with signal with that heroes channel and decades channel awhile ago.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

I'm thinking that's the problem I have. But I can't figure out why Metv is so weak. I'll skew it at the lake this weekend and see if that helps.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Did you have a bad winter this year??

The dish may be warped out of shape due to an excessive snow or ice load, try this.....Get some masons twine, and stretch it tightly two ways between the LNB support arms at the rim of the dish, this will form an "X" then look at the center, they should be just touching each other and be dead center on the dish.

If one is higher then the other then the dish may be warped, of if the cross point is not directly on center then the dish warped, this can cause a lower then normal signal.

One other thing, are there any other dishes close by???? (Within 25 feet or so) and aligned off to the side of this one??

If there are, then there could be an LO pickup problem from a second dish, if the feed horn of your 10 footer can see the LNB from the other dish you could be getting cross-talk from the LO on the second dishes LNB, this has happened before.

To test this just turn the receiver for the second dish off, if your problems go away then you may have to move a dish.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4x in 3 Posts

hey dc they say skew should be 3.2 so not very much depending where your lake is that skew is for Winnipeg.Good Luck on weekend looks like weather should be good for playing with dish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast