Thread: PVR question

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default PVR question

I am new to the whole Android box so bear with me.

My PVR does not seem to be working. I tried to record a show on a channel I get, set it all up and turned off the box….didn’t record. I thought maybe it was because I turned the box off so yesterday I set-up to record another show, left the box on…didn’t record. In both instances when I select the show to watch that was supposed to have recorded it says: Stream is Not Available.

There is a ton of room on the memory to record, so that’s not the problem.

Any suggestions…?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 42x in 26 Posts

At the time of the record, if the stream was not available, there would be nothing recorded. Any glitch in the stream will cause the recording to fail.
    Try watching the TV when it is ready to record. You should have video and audio before the time to record, and see a message about it is going to start the recording. Once started, you will see a red indicator in the top right hand corner of the screen.
    Also make sure that the drive indicated in the record setup screen is the correct one to record to.

Your box may be going into a sleep mode before the recording starts. Set a test record and watch it to see what is happening. There is a no activity timer in the XPL3000 settings, make sure it is disabled. There are also various decoder settings you can try. In most cases default works, but depending on the channel and stream, might not.
    Last edited by Satellite1; 08-08-2018 at 08:12 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Satellite1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 42x in 26 Posts

OU812007 Did you get your PVR to record?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26x in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OU812007 View Post
    I am new to the whole Android box so bear with me.

My PVR does not seem to be working. I tried to record a show on a channel I get, set it all up and turned off the box….didn’t record. I thought maybe it was because I turned the box off so yesterday I set-up to record another show, left the box on…didn’t record. In both instances when I select the show to watch that was supposed to have recorded it says: Stream is Not Available.

There is a ton of room on the memory to record, so that’s not the problem.

Any suggestions…?
    The recording capability is rather weak, at least for me. I have tried to set up manually and scheduled recording and I have never been able to record a whole program. Some times it does not even start, and if it does the recording stops usually 20' after the starting time. I was told, as somebody already mentioned to you, that any glitch in the streaming would interrupt the recording. My suggestion is to get in touch with the manufacturer and report the problem you are having. At least they will be aware that people are not happy. Here is the link: http://www.getbuzz.tv/

I contacted them many times on this issue but they had been unable to solve the problem. Just for your information here is a copy of one of the last messages I sent them:

"I am getting in touch with you to report my still existing problems with the PVR function.with the BUZZ 300 XPL box, despite the support you have given me.

"I believe I have followed all the recommendations you kindly gave me (including a new version of the BUZZTV app.) to solve the issue:

"1) I bought a class 10 micro SD card. 2) I formatted it in a Windows PC using NTFS 3) The SD card was recognized by t e device 4) I am using the default player.

"In addition to the above, I have searched for new updates of the OS and I believe i have the latest (I bought the device a couple of weeks ago and it installed all the updates during the initial set up).

"I tested several times the PVR function using manual and scheduled recording and the result has been always the same: either the recording stops before the final set-up time, usually within 22' of the starting time, or it does not start at all. I am sorry to tell you that I am very frustrated

"During our exchange you have informed me that with a similar set up you had been able to successfully record several programs. I have no doubt that you were .

"Logic tells me that if with similar set-ups we get different results, then the problem must lie somewhere else. The only thing I can think of is a problem with the device itself.

"Can you please tell me what you think?

"Thanks."

I never got an answer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Patoruzu For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,328x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

I can record

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    I can record
    what are you using (usb or sd) and what format? It worked for 3 recordings for me and now I can't even schedule a recording.. did this with a 32G USB stick FAT32. Is there a reason I can't record anymore? could my USB be corrupted because of the recording?