Thread: DPP & DP 8X1 Switch Needed. A little help please?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26x in 19 Posts

Default DPP & DP 8X1 Switch Needed. A little help please?

Hi folks. I've come to the point that I need a switch. Which one is the question.
    I've looked over this forum a little. Some posts are a little dated.

I have a DP single for 129 on a Dish 500.
    DPP special for 110,118,119 on another repurposed wild blue satnet dish.
    21 volts on port 1 of the triple to keep my T5 and LB 8000 prem. plus. healthy.
    I only use one receiver at a time (1 sub). My sub carries 61 and 67 (haven't aimed at them yet).

The single is going south fast (S/Q dropping like a rock). I can replace it, but have a DPP twin in a box.
    Also have a DPP triple eastern arc in the box.
    A twin and triple don't play well together. I only have 4 diseqc 1.0 settings on the receivers.

What 8X1 switch would be best for me that works with a DPP triple and DPP twin? And would let me couple an additional dish to test the other 2 sats?
    Also need to keep power to the LNB's to keep from frying my turbo modules in the receivers.

Does this make sense and is it doable?
    I'd have to use diseqc 1.1 or motor control in the receiver settings from what I grasp.
    If knew what brand of switch works for this kind of setup and would live a long life, I'd be golden.

Help?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Quote" What 8X1 switch would be best for me that works with a DPP triple and DPP twin? And would let me couple an additional dish to test the other 2 sats?
    Also need to keep power to the LNB's to keep from frying my turbo modules in the receivers.

There are non...

The big problem in using a NON dish type switch (DP34, DPP44) is the internal Diseqc switching inside the DPP twin and triple LNB's, (DP single is OK) this will cause all sorts of switching headaches to the 8x1 switch, you would have to go with 4 single DP type LNB's to get a 1x8 Diseqc switch to work.

Also if you have a subbed receiver it will not work with a non dish/bell switch, the subbed OEM receivers (newer ones) will only recognize the DP or DPP type switch.

So in this case all LNB's would need to be replaced with DP singles, (except for the 118/119 special LNB) then a DPP 44 switch with it's power inserter on port #1(or the subbed receiver on the power inserter's receiver port) will work for this setup. (110/118/119/129)

Diseqc switch settings and connections would be Diseqc port #1 = 119, Diseqc port #2 = 110, Diseqc port #3 = 129 and Diseqc port #4 = 118, then the OEM receiver will be happy.

The other sat's would have to be a separate setup with a SW22 switch to switch them at the receivers, but the OEM receiver will not work with that type of switch.

Dish and Bell receiver's are only designed to work with their equipment, and only for 4 satellites, no way around it for a direct hookup.
    Last edited by Terryl; 09-04-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?