Thread: Welding upside down (mig)

ace rimmer Guest

Default Welding upside down (mig)

First I haven’t done any welding in a long time so I just don’t remember some stuff.
    I need to do some mig while upside down and it’s sputtering a lot. Do need to increase the gas flow to keep it around the tip ? I think all the gas is leaving from around the tip but as said it’s been awhile . thanks

publicraven Guest

is your metal clean?, that will cause it to splatter, also, make sure your nozzle is clean of Slag, and gas should be @ 10 to 15 psi

hitest Guest

you are talking overhead welding i think ... and just make sure your tip is clean and when you pull the trigger you should hear a burst of gas if not increase the pressure a bit ... i run mine between 6-8 psi .... and make sure your tip guard is still there mine falls off every once and a while and welds like sh$t till i open my eyes and see its missing again

UNVMYWJ Guest

and if you are running hot with too much distance from wire to metal. Feed a little quicker if you are doing a thicker metal.

ace rimmer Guest

thanks all . i just talked with a old buddy of mine and i think i'll let him do it . yep i'm taking the easy way out

ailsabra Guest

Angry Wholesale Lacoste

Lacoste at Finish Line just won't quit - ever. Constructed for athletes who continue to pound the pavement day after day,Lacoste are comfortable, stylish and built to last, which is what you have come to expect from Lacoste. Grab a pair of Wholesale Lacoste Lacoste and never look back.brandshoeswholesale.net carries a wide range of Lacoste Shoes, below is some more information and in depth links to our shoes catalog and products. Wholesale Lacoste Shoes