Thread: 2 Dishes 91 82 110 119 129 Help

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 22x in 10 Posts
    Items PizzaTreasureTrophyWireless AccessFootballBirdCanadaDish

Default 2 Dishes 91 82 110 119 129 Help

Hey guys. So, I can't really find any concrete info in here regarding this topic (which is strange because I figured a ton of enthusiasts would have this setup).

I currently have an 82/91 DPP sub dish from the company itself pointed at those 2 birds. I get them loud and clear with my legit sub as well as with my Dreamlink.

Now, I'm looking to add the other 3 to my setup (110, 119, 129).

I have purchased a Dish 1000.2 with LNBs.

My question here is am I able to link the 2 dishes together, will I require some sort of switch or additional power, or will I need to run 2 coaxial cables?

Would like to be able to use this with up to 3 receivers if possible.

Thanks for all.of.your help. Screw the people who say this hobby is dead, it's far from it.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 199x in 67 Posts
    Items Yacht
Gift received at 03-08-2020, 08:03 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 03-08-2020, 08:03 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 03-08-2020, 08:03 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 03-08-2020, 08:03 PM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 03-08-2020, 08:03 PM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 03-08-2020, 08:03 PM from BluegrassCheetos
Gift received at 03-08-2020, 08:03 PM from BluegrassMonitor
Gift received at 03-08-2020, 08:03 PM from Bluegrass

run 3 cables from the 1000.2 much easier imo

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

OK, the DPP system only has capabilities to run 4 LNB's off the Diseqc switching setup for those types of LNB's, (Diseqc switch settings 1, 2, 3 and 4) the dish 1000 LNB (110/119/129) uses an internal switch,(Diseqc switch settings 1, 2, 3 and 4) so your stuck with only 4 LNB's that can be used for 4 satellites. No way around that part.

Also the dish 1000 LNB is a DC power hog,(750 mA at 20 volts DC) it will overtax your receivers DC power supply output to the LNB, (500 mA max) and no adding a second or third receiver will not fix this. The dish 1000 LNB was designed to be run by an OEM receiver, it will run with a DP44 switch DC power inserter on the #1 receiver port on that LNB, but this leaves only 2 receiver ports to run signals to the receivers. (#4 port on the D1000 LNB is an input for a second DP type LNB)

The only way that you can do this (without problems) is to use all DP single LNB's on two dishes with a Diseqc 2.0 8x4 switch, (Diseqc ports 1 to 8 out to 4 receivers) this has proven to be the best setup with less headaches.

If the system for 82/91 was not being used for any OEM receivers it could be setup with a 22 KHz switch, this switch can be setup to switch between the two systems.

How is your 82/91 system setup??/ With 2 single LNB's or one big dual eye LNB, and is there any switch in this system? Are all LNB's DPP or DP types?
    ♫♫♫ I知 a lumberjack and I知 OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 65x in 35 Posts

For 4 sats

My SUB installed a DPP lnb with 2 cables going to a DPP44 switch (then to a power inverter to sub receiver 1). Also a 3rd cable from lnb that goes direct to another sub receiver

So I installed a DP lnb (only 2 out ports from lnb) with 2 cables going to input 3 & 4 of DPP44 switch.

Gives me 4 sats in and 5 receiver outputs (4 from DPP44 switch and one direct from satellite)

Have 3 sub receivers and 2 dreamlinks all working great.

Hope this helps.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

No effective way to combine the two DP systems without switching problems, system 1 (82,91) uses all 4 Diseqc switch commands, system 2 (110, 119, 129) also uses all 4 Diseqc switch commands, it also does not like the use of a 22 KHz switch.

So there is no way to effectively combine the two DP systems with 5 satellites without problems.

The only way to do this to the FTA receivers is to use a satellite A/B switch, (manual switch) it also has to be rated out to 2.5 to 3 GHz as the DP system uses band stacking technology to get all the transponders down one coax, this limits the use of some switches as some are only rated to 2 GHz, and are not suited for DP or DPP technology.

The best way, and one possible setup to get all 5 satellites to 2 or more FTA receivers is to leave the OEM setup (#1) as is and setup two stand alone dishes for the FTA recivers, these need to have 5 single LNB's, (3 on one dish and 2 on another) then a suitable 8x4 Diseqc switch (FTA only) can be used.

This would be the best setup, and less problems with excessive DC power drain taxing the LNB power supply on the #1 receiver. (receiver overheating)

The DP LNB and switch system was never designed for use for more then 4 satellites (110,118, 119 and 129) and that's the problem, no way to add a fifth satellite without some sort of external switch.

"If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by th3magpi3 View Post
    Hey guys. So, I can't really find any concrete info in here regarding this topic (which is strange because I figured a ton of enthusiasts would have this setup).

I currently have an 82/91 DPP sub dish from the company itself pointed at those 2 birds. I get them loud and clear with my legit sub as well as with my Dreamlink.

Now, I'm looking to add the other 3 to my setup (110, 119, 129).

I have purchased a Dish 1000.2 with LNBs.

My question here is am I able to link the 2 dishes together, will I require some sort of switch or additional power, or will I need to run 2 coaxial cables?

Would like to be able to use this with up to 3 receivers if possible.

Thanks for all.of.your help. Screw the people who say this hobby is dead, it's far from it.
    Ok, from what you said in your post you are trying to get 82 & 91 to 2 of your Bev subs & and 82 & 91, 110, 119, 129 to your 1 Dreamlink. If that is correct all you should need is one SW21 switch to combine the DPP twin to your 1000.2 and away you go. See pic below..........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mavrick; 11-02-2018 at 04:52 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 22x in 10 Posts
    Items PizzaTreasureTrophyWireless AccessFootballBirdCanadaDish

Thanks for all of your help guys.

So, the way it sits now is I have a single Bev sub receiver and I have a Dreamlink T5. When I've wanted to use the Dreamlink I just power everything down and swap the coax between the 2.

My goal is to be able to add the 1000.2 into the line so I can get both sets of services.

As far as getting ALL of the SATs, I don't need it. No need for 91 at all as I don't watch SD content. So if that makes it easier for me to just add the single 82 bird in with the 1000.2 then great.

If it can be avoided I don't want multiple lines of coax running into the house as my dish is about 100ft of cable away from my tv.

Thanks again.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by th3magpi3 View Post
    Thanks for all of your help guys.

So, the way it sits now is I have a single Bev sub receiver and I have a Dreamlink T5. When I've wanted to use the Dreamlink I just power everything down and swap the coax between the 2.

My goal is to be able to add the 1000.2 into the line so I can get both sets of services.

As far as getting ALL of the SATs, I don't need it. No need for 91 at all as I don't watch SD content. So if that makes it easier for me to just add the single 82 bird in with the 1000.2 then great.

If it can be avoided I don't want multiple lines of coax running into the house as my dish is about 100ft of cable away from my tv.

Thanks again.
    2 receivers means 2 lines, there is no way around that except un-hooking it or using a A/B switch like Terry said. You can simply point a dish at 82 and run it into the "in" port on the 1000.2 as long as the bev sub will see that 1000.2 lnb. If it does not see it then run 1 line from 82 into the "in" port on the 1000.2 and another line from 82 to your bev sub.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I don't know if the BEV receiver will see the D1000 LNB correctly or not, (internal software to see the 3 LNB switching setup) someone who is more familiar with those receivers should join in and give this a bit of incite, it may work seeing 82 on the Diseqc port #4, but I don't have one (BEV receiver) to try it. (I can't see 82 and 91 from my location anyway)

"Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26x in 19 Posts

I've done it 2 ways to help a guy out.
    A 22khz switch will switch between up to 2 sets of 4 lnb's.
    You MUST have both sets of lnb's with power inserters on port 1. Don't do that first, you'll bake the guts of the receiver or pop the turbo module.
    I've used a Geosat Pro 22khz switch to select a dish with triple DPP with a separate dish attached for 129.
    Second dish aimed at eastern sats.
    To get 22khz to the first set of lnb's:

Dish Settings, LNB 22KHz Off. Legacy SW SW21.

Second settings to make the switch toggle to the other set of lnb's:

Dish Settings, LNB 22KHz On, Legacy SW SW21.

You may need to try different selections until it works. My friend said his was different from what I tried here.
    But when you get it right and the switch 'hears' 22KHz for the correct set of lnb's (or doesn't hear) and the satellite you have selected for it to work with....it works.
    Turn off the receiver with the rear switch and unplug your ower inserter(s) before hooking up any switch or diseqc multi switch.
    Good Luck!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I don't think the SW21 will work too good with DP or DP pro type LNB's as it is a legacy switch.

The LNB settings for the DP or DP pro LNB's need to be set to Dish or OSC-DP for them to work correctly, I don't know if the software for that setting has a 22 KHz ON/OFF selection, also I don't think that the SW21 switch has the upper frequency response needed for the band stacking used for the DP or DP pro LNB's. (up to 2.5 GHz to 3 GHz)

"Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26x in 19 Posts

Terryl. Could be. I picked up that DP & DPP freqs were raised from 1450MHz to 2250MHz.
    The GEOSAT pro switch I have says it's good to go up to 2.4GHz. The 8X1 Switch says 2150MHz.
    So I'd guess there would be signal fall-off past that point. I don't know. I didn't sweep it for freq response.
    There may be others that go higher. Pretty sure that 2.4GHz isn't a "hard wall" thing.
    I ran them for the test off the back of my T5. Maybe that's why I was able to hit all the tp's on sats cycling through the list in manual scan.
    So the OP may have to run additional coax to the receiver, or close to it.
    Anyways, it seemed to work. My buddy hasn't given negative feedback. This was only a test!

Edit:
    The GEOSAT 22KHz switch isn't actually a dish SW21. But the SW21 setting in the receiver sends 22 kilohertz audio tone 'up the pipe'.
    Like a high performance SW21. So's to speak.
    Last edited by Arlo; 11-24-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

The 2.5 to 3 GHz spec is not a real brick wall but a run out as there are no brick wall filters involved, the performance would be a slow curve out beyond the top end frequency used for the upper band stacking group of transponders.

All items (switches, ground blocks, coax couplers and coax) used with DP or DP Plus LNB's should fall into this spec or as close to it as possible.

Why this spec? It due to attenuation at the higher frequency's involved, the higher you go the more signal loss, this is also why most FTA switches (other then the ones designed for the hopper system) will not work too good with the new hopper/joey systems, as that system uses a third band for another type of signal.

So the 8x1 switch may cause a dropout at some time when the transponder selected is at the higher end of the band.(Right hand polarity's)

"Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

That one was getting too long.

Now...I'm not saying it will not work, some peeps have done it, and others have lost a lot of hair and spent a lot of time on the roof throwing things, but if done right it may work.

The best less problematic way this has been done is to use 5 single DP type LNB's,(or other brand) one for each satellite,(two dishes would also be needed) then a proper 6 or 8 way input to as many outputs as needed Diseqc 2.0 switch can be used.

Another way would be to set it up as a legacy system,(info for anyone trying to set this up) all LNB's would be the DC voltage switching type and a 10 input (one coax for each voltage switched output, times 5 satellites) to as many outputs needed switch.

LNB's like this one would work and fit the "D" shaped LNB holder on the Dish 500 and Dish 1000 pans.

Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Dish-Network-Legacy-Dual/dp/B074X6D183

"Can you HIDE it"?