Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JB 200 Module Failure

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 364x in 129 Posts

Default JB 200 Module Failure

This is the Fourth JB 200 Module failure in Jynxbox.I was just wondering what part fails in the Module.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 35x in 14 Posts

from what i found is C52 & C55 an replace them with 33UF 35V an sometime's the 2of the diodes will short out they are D4 & D5 replace them with 1n4007 you will need a pencil tip soldering gun an yes these are really small so if you mess up well that's up to you i play music real loud my self hope this help
    Last edited by lungfao; 11-11-2018 at 04:23 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lungfao For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 35x in 14 Posts

ok all so with a bad JB200 board check this out. on KU BAND it work's great. but not on other sat won't work on HD or MEPG4. all so the power cord to it i think it short's out and send to much power it main board witch then i think short out the JB200. then the power cord won't power up the REC ok then i had a power cord from a router 12V 1A will work on it ok check this out if you test the power cord it will show the right power for some reason ya i no crazy.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Quote Originally Posted by Blazerbong View Post
    This is the Fourth JB 200 Module failure in Jynxbox.I was just wondering what part fails in the Module.
    How many LNB's, and what type are you using???? (what satellites??)If more then 2 it could be excessive DC power drain from the LNB(s).
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Quote Originally Posted by lungfao View Post
    ok all so with a bad JB200 board check this out. on KU BAND it work's great. but not on other sat won't work on HD or MEPG4. all so the power cord to it i think it short's out and send to much power it main board witch then i think short out the JB200. then the power cord won't power up the REC ok then i had a power cord from a router 12V 1A will work on it ok check this out if you test the power cord it will show the right power for some reason ya i no crazy.
    You need to check the spec's on the old power module before using a different power supply, the wrong one could FUBAR the receiver.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 364x in 129 Posts

I just quit IKS instead of investing in another JB 200.Overheating was an issue,I had an external fan but wasn't turned on last time so it blew JB 200 again.I switched to IPTV and so far lots less freezing.If I go back to IKS someday,I will get another Receiver altogether.
    Thanx for all the helpful posts.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blazerbong For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Please send the diagrame with two C52 and C55

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 51x in 33 Posts

I have one of these receiver and it is very important that you keep the JB200 very cool. I bought a box that had no internal fan installed so I had to install a fan and I make sure the fan is running before I turn on the box and so far I am having no issues with the JB200.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 306x in 192 Posts

Hey I know I’m resurrecting an old thread but does anybody know where I can source a jb200 in Canada? These are hard to come by

Putski is offline Visiting Dignitary/ 2019 nfl week 16 champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,064x in 999 Posts
    Items Some beerHookahA BeerImmunity to Theft

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmystuff View Post
    Hey I know I’m resurrecting an old thread but does anybody know where I can source a jb200 in Canada? These are hard to come by
    try Kijiji

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,152x in 5,733 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

There's one for sale on fleabay as I type this

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 306x in 192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Noof View Post
    There's one for sale on fleabay as I type this
    Yes located in the USA

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,152x in 5,733 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmystuff View Post
    Yes located in the USA
    So?Are you concerned about purchasing safely?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 17x in 15 Posts

Bought one myself a few years back with a heat sink on it from eBay . Still working well

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

As one of the I switched to iptv so far less glitching, let's not forget the heavy load on your internet connection, and if there isn't a heavy load (Netflix says 3.5 gb per hour HD, 7- 8 gb per hour of video watched 4k).

With amatuer "iptv " you're getting a cheap quality box to watch a signal that objectively is at best DVD quality and at worst unwatchable. Even if the osd and box seller or even the player's say HD or 4k. They cannot change the streams I monitored and thier sd quality size.

They can't hide the fact that those true HD qualities require a certain amount of bandwidth. Unless you apply "magical thinking " and wish to believe that some guy in his basement with amateur equipment, can do a better job at encoding hd and 4k at 1/4 the bandwidth than Netflix and Amazon Prime tv, even hulu. Who are always looking to reduce bandwidth costs, while maintaining the proper quality for HD and 4k.

Clearly if that was possible that person would be a overnight billionaire, and not making cheapo internet streams

Satellite via Jynxbox:

This takes little to no load on your internet, as most of us know and the picture is what it says it is. And not being sent via the internet there is zero concern of receiving a "notice"

I know this because I do have a "iptv" box just to test. I put on a proper same channel on both boxes , switched via hdmi switcher one to the other , the quality on satellite hd was well 1080 HD. On the other it was watchable looked almost as good as we, but only sometimes, and face smudgieness and occasional blackouts were a factor. I could live with it but only if I "had" to which we do not . Neither should we.

What's my point? The Latin forums have figured out how to permanently fix the jb200 tuners, they've hardware modded 2 tiny pcb on the back of jb200 to send more current down the line, less stress on the caps that fry out, and better switching. It's a hardware mod . I posted pics on this site.

Instead of buying new jb200 and worrying about supply just to get perfect satellite quality and dolby digital sound.

Why don't we (whoever understands espaneol, I don't ) all work together and resolve this once and for all?
    There has to be enough fta people that want true satellite hd direct from the source not retransmitted for the 3rd time. Yes?

Then next issue is to get dual tuner and recording on USB working properly . Currently it glitches in recording onto thumb drives . Have not tried USB hard drive. But to record properly we need the dual tuner firmware working.

Has anyone tried the official clone killer firmware? It was supposed to enable dual tuner and cool down the box , make it run cooler.
    Last edited by Willucome2014; 06-29-2019 at 09:28 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Willucome2014 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast