Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FIX For Dreamlink T4 and T5 on Turbo and Power!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 166x in 106 Posts
    Items HeadstonesTV

Default FIX For Dreamlink T4 and T5 on Turbo and Power!

I think I found the culprit. I know I had problems in the past with my power supply on my T5 at the lake and I replaced it with another T5 power supply and it worked in the past. But at my vacation home I was having the same freezing problems as everyone else. It was totally unwatchable. I ordered a 12v 5a power supply from Amazon and I've been watching a channel that wouldn't even turn on before and it's been running for over 30 mins. It had a few glitches for about 3 seconds. In the past when it froze it never came back. I hope this is the fix, but for $9, it's worth a shot.
    On a side note my kodi box was plugged into the power bar where the old power supply and it would reboot or not even turn on. I plugged in the new power supply and now my kodi box is working. Weird!

hxxps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KR392XQ/ref=ppx_od_b_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: Maybe find another power supply. It works but it makes a hum. Maybe it's a cheap chinese one, it packed it in. lol
    Last edited by dcapper; 12-31-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 135x in 100 Posts
    Items Lion
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 09:26 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 08:15 PM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 08:15 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 02:18 AM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 02:18 AM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by dcapper View Post
    I think I found the culprit. I know I had problems in the past with my power supply on my T5 at the lake and I replaced it with another T5 power supply and it worked in the past. But at my vacation home I was having the same freezing problems as everyone else. It was totally unwatchable. I ordered a 12v 5a power supply from Amazon and I've been watching a channel that wouldn't even turn on before and it's been running for over 30 mins. It had a few glitches for about 3 seconds. In the past when it froze it never came back. I hope this is the fix, but for $9, it's worth a shot.
    On a side note my kodi box was plugged into the power bar where the old power supply and it would reboot or not even turn on. I plugged in the new power supply and now my kodi box is working. Weird!

hxxps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KR392XQ/ref=ppx_od_b_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: Maybe find another power supply. It works but it makes a hum. Maybe it's a cheap chinese one, it packed it in. lol
    I wonder if it would also work on my dreamlink HD T4 v. 1 or 2 because I still get an error no or bad signal that comes up and have to switch off the box and turn it back on.

I am posting this even though I did resolve the issue for my T5 and that was rebooting not getting that error when I replaced as you said the power supply for that it worked.

Also the original power supply is still connected to the dreamlink T4 box.

I only have the south server connected to that box and I did change the power supply in that one maybe I will get less freezing on that one. Maybe it is not only the server.

I will insert what the error is once I go through the right forum here to find it.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by lionking; 01-01-2019 at 04:56 AM. Reason: add on the issue

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

The chinese power supply was hot garbage. I'm sending it back to Amazon. I'm going to look for a laptop power supply with high current and 12v. My T4 is the one I am having an issue with. The T5 at the cottage has a brand new Dreamlink power supply and it's working great. Or at least it was before I left for Florida.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dcapper For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Lion

The chinese power supply was hot garbage. I'm sending it back to Amazon. I'm going to look for a laptop power supply with high current and 12v. My T4 is the one I am having an issue with. The T5 at the cottage has a brand new Dreamlink power supply and it's working great. Or at least it was before I left for Florida.
    This is the one I used for my dreamlink T5 HD I googled Model # RS AB025J00 and it was on amazon.ca not available anymore.

It still is available on amazon.com for $20 USD. Maybe it does not work well with a T4 dreamlink box.

We both know that maybe both dreamlink T5 and T4 HD boxes for their power supplies it is always better that the plug and cord for the wall is one piece connected to a power supply and cord.

This is the best way whether it works with a T4 HD box we have to find out too.

Also when I did a search for a 12v laptop power supply it was 20 watts on amazon.ca.

SuperNight AC 100-240V to DC 12V 2A 24W Power Adapter Supply for LED Strip Wireless Router HUB Switches Cameras Laptop Audio Video Power Supply.

Please let me know what you think.
    Last edited by lionking; 01-01-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

The T4 uses 2.5a so I wouldn't buy anything under that. Or at least mine is. I don't know what the T5 is since I'm not in front of my T5.

This Sony one looks good on eBay, but you might have to replace the tip.

hxxps://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-express-SONY-AC-NB36A-12V-2-5A-power-adapter-global-voltage-AC-NB36A/253599454299?hash=item3b0bb4945b:g:57AAAOxyQfJThep q:rk:1f:0
    Last edited by dcapper; 01-01-2019 at 05:28 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Lion

I add more to my post maybe you have seen it already please look....

We both know that maybe both dreamlink T5 and T4 HD boxes for their power supplies it is always better that the plug and cord for the wall is one piece connected to a power supply and cord.

This is the best way whether it works with a T4 HD box we have to find out too.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

The problem finding one that is a good make. The China ones will never survive the current draw. I would think a brand name laptop would work good. Maybe a cable box power supply. I saw an Arris one on eBay just now.

hxxps://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=391878848 875&_sacat=0
    Last edited by dcapper; 01-01-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

I was thinking. I work for the local telco and we have lots of Cisco routers running and they use either Delta or Liteon power supplies. Some of these have been running for 10 years. I've maybe had to change a couple over that time. I know they are not plug in but they are solid.

I bought this one. Should be here by Friday.

hxxps://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=163008690 278&_sacat=0
    Last edited by dcapper; 01-01-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 247x in 143 Posts
    Items DishWhiskeyA BeerPresentpoisonTreasureCashRibbon 3

You know what I am going to (try) and solve this once and for all. I have had such trouble with the Dreamlinks T4, T5 with "bad signal".

I tried a 12v 4.58A thin client power supply (but unknown condition and at lest 15 years old). I have also tried a Comcast 12VDC 3.0A power supply I got at Princess Auto and many other 12VDC power supplies at least 2.5A and I still get bad signal.

Tomorrow I am going out to the garage and grab an old Motorola switched mode power supply that was use for making a mobile radio as a base radio. I think it's rated 14A.

I have also modified a T5 with a 30mm fan and it has not helped. Will try to post pic tomorrow.

But I am thinking that even with the huge power supply I am going to get the same results (no or bad signal).

What I think it might be is a crystal oscillator that is drifting off frequency. I say this because what I have been doing to correct "bad signal" is turn the unit off with remote or front button and then turn it back on, seems to give best results. But I notice sometimes (not all times) when I do this it says "saving TP frequencies" or something along those lines, like auto TP updated.

Since I have seen DL that don't have the "bad signal" problem it makes me think it's not the bin file but a hardware issue. At one point I started pulling caps off the main board but after testing 4-5 good caps I stopped. Most were 10uF and they tested perfect on the cap meter.

It looks like the 8PSK has a 16MHz crystal on it I wonder if that is the problem?

Anyway I will post back after I test the Motorola PSU.

JETS
    Last edited by jets; 01-01-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    You know what I am going to (try) and solve this once and for all. I have had such trouble with the Dreamlinks T4, T5 with "bad signal"

I tried a 12v 4.58A thin client power supply (but unknown condition and at lest 15 years old). I have also tried a Comcast 12VDC 3.0A power supply I got at Princess Auto and many other 12VDC power supplies at lease 2.5A and I still get bad signal.

Tomorrow I am going out to the garage and grab an old Motorola switched mode power supply that was use for making a mobile radio as a base radio. I think it's rated 14A.

I have also modified a T5 with a 30mm fan and it has not helped. Will try to post pic tomorrow.

But I am thinking that even with the huge power supply I am going to get the same results (no or bad signal).

What I think it might be is a crystal oscillator that is drifting off frequency. I say this because what I have been doing to correct "bad signal" is turn the unit off with remote or front button and then turn it back on, seems to give best results. But I notice sometimes (not all times) when I do this it says "saving TP frequencies" or something along those lines, like auto TP updated.

Since I have seen DL that don't have the "bad signal" problem it makes me think it's not the bin file but a hardware issue. I started pulling caps off the main board but after testing 4-5 good caps I stopped. Most were 10uF and they tested perfect on the cap meter.

It looks like the 8PSK has a 16MHz crystal on it I wonder if that is the problem?

Anyway I will post back after I test the Motorola PSU.

JETS
    I would look at the module and have you tried the unit without a 21 or diseqc on one satellite?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 3 Posts

This fix is for dreamlink t5 or t6? kodi is in the t6 unit not t5!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 247x in 143 Posts
    Items DishWhiskeyA BeerPresentpoisonTreasureCashRibbon 3

I would look at the module and have you tried the unit without a 21 or diseqc on one satellite?
    I replaced both module's in the T4 and T5 with new ones, same thing. I could try direct to the dish, but what is the point I need switches. Cable run is short 60-70', have ground blocks too.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    I replaced both module's in the T4 and T5 with new ones, same thing. I could try direct to the dish, but what is the point I need switches. Cable run is short 60-70', have ground blocks too.
    I know but I’m just curious.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

In the end I can’t believe that everyone’s power supply is dying at the same time.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcapper For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 30x in 21 Posts
    Items Some beer
Gift received at 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM from darlinkat

I had the same problem like Jets, try cap replacement,hd board nothing help it was the tuner on T5 itself keep getting hot loosing signal couldn't find the tuner and got one used t5 with module in for$ 35.00 problem solved got lucky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast