Thread: XPL3000 sport edition

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15x in 8 Posts

Default XPL3000 sport edition

I decided on this buzztv instead of dreamlink t2 prime,after reading good reviews, now wondering if I made a mistake,the issue is I keep have to reboot the unit because it becomes very sluggish if I don't. at first I thought it won't work with hardwire bc when I unplug it to use wifi it improves a little,I emailed buzztv and they said to return it and they will look at it.It was then I rediscovered this site and after reading through the entire thread I realized it is a known issue since it updated to android 7,the question is when is the next update to fix the issue or does buzztv know about it.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,329x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

hopefully before the new year
    Are you clearing cache on a regular basis and shutting down by holding the power button?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,725x in 778 Posts
    Items PlaneVintage carCoffee makerImmunity to TheftGreeceCanadaWhiskey

I experienced the problem in the beginning.. However, since then I changed the behavior of the power button, to do a shutdown instead of just putting the unit to sleep, and I have never seen the issue since then. And the box can often be turned on a streaming the whole day... For now, I think it is the simplest way to control the issue.

BTW: This is not just a buzz issue. Many boxes which have updated to Android 7 and 8 have experienced memory leak style issues which slow things down. And in many cases, it is due to immature network drivers (which are common on many boxes), and this is probably why so many are affected.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emporium For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15x in 8 Posts

yes, I do the clear cache every time and I do shut down using the power button. Emporium, I could not find setting to change the behavior of the power button on my box,when the box is off I only see the red light, so I guess it's not in sleep mode.hopefully the fix come before xmas, merry christmas to everyone !!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tangra1089 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crown Royal

Hold the power button down until the three options come up

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,725x in 778 Posts
    Items PlaneVintage carCoffee makerImmunity to TheftGreeceCanadaWhiskey

Quote Originally Posted by tangra1089 View Post
    yes, I do the clear cache every time and I do shut down using the power button. Emporium, I could not find setting to change the behavior of the power button on my box,when the box is off I only see the red light, so I guess it's not in sleep mode.hopefully the fix come before xmas, merry christmas to everyone !!!
    Go into "Apps-->Droid Settings-->Powerkey definition" and you can change it there.

You know if your box is powering off or sleep mode, by the way it powers on. If you always see the buzztv animation logo every time you turn it on, then it is powering down. If you just turn on to the main screen, you are going to sleep.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emporium For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 45x in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emporium View Post
    I experienced the problem in the beginning.. However, since then I changed the behavior of the power button, to do a shutdown instead of just putting the unit to sleep, and I have never seen the issue since then. And the box can often be turned on a streaming the whole day... For now, I think it is the simplest way to control the issue.

BTW: This is not just a buzz issue. Many boxes which have updated to Android 7 and 8 have experienced memory leak style issues which slow things down. And in many cases, it is due to immature network drivers (which are common on many boxes), and this is probably why so many are affected.
    He hit the nail on the head.

There been networking stack issues with most of the new boxes that come with android 7 or 8 due to driver immaturity.
    Shutting down clears the issue and this is likely to be addressed in upcoming fixes as the drivers have had time to mature somewhat (we hope).
    For now changing the behavior of the power button is a work around and a minor price to pay for all day tv.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magnus33 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crown Royal

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post: