Thread: Couple of questions on 8000

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Couple of questions on 8000

Hi everyone. Thanks for the great info on this site. I have a Sonicview 8000 and was wondering how to delete all the double channels that are on the screen. I am also trying to figure out how to update the transponder list. Once I edit all the info do I have to scan again? Thanks in advance.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,149x in 5,732 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball View Post
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the great info on this site. I have a Sonicview 8000 and was wondering how to delete all the double channels that are on the screen. I am also trying to figure out how to update the transponder list. Once I edit all the info do I have to scan again? Thanks in advance.
    I would do a factory reset.Then install HD2028 file if you have an ihub.If you have a generic dongle, use the HD2028 no check file.Then edit transponder list.Rescan last

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

That is what I was thinking I would have to do just wanted to confirm. Thanks so much. Now more dumb questions as it has been a while since I used this. How do I tell if I have an ihub or dongle as I thought they were the same. Also do I leave ihub or dongle connected when I do factory reset and install latest file? Thanks
    Last edited by Pinball; 12-18-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

I figured it out. I connected the ihub after loading all programs and it worked fine. I removed all transponders that are spot beam to help clean up the guide with unusable channels. On 129 for some reason I could not change one transponder to the correct values. It would never save the changes. What I did was add a new transponder with the correct information and all worked well. Thanks again for the help.