Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PVR Issues

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 6 Posts

I'm also seeing this issue, switched to the old player but playback is terrible (which is okay for now I guess). Hopefully this will be fixed at some point.

So if I'm using default player, it says it has scheduled recording and seems like it starts the recording for a second. Checking the PVR shows the name correctly but when you try to watch the recording it shows the "unknown stream format" message.
    I've tried multiple SD Cards and USB sticks. So far the only solution is to use the old player.

Any other thoughts?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,329x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

Quote Originally Posted by helenclarko View Post
    I'm also seeing this issue, switched to the old player but playback is terrible (which is okay for now I guess). Hopefully this will be fixed at some point.

So if I'm using default player, it says it has scheduled recording and seems like it starts the recording for a second. Checking the PVR shows the name correctly but when you try to watch the recording it shows the "unknown stream format" message.
    I've tried multiple SD Cards and USB sticks. So far the only solution is to use the old player.

Any other thoughts?
    this thread was started before the last update what version are you on?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 6 Posts

Right, sorry. Usually I am better at giving this information.

2.0 (211)

The new default player works with the VOD videos my subscription has, the old player doesn't have the codecs. So I guess I have to make the choice of having PVR or being able to watch the VOD section haha.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 6 Posts

Does not seem to be the format of the USB, I've had three different USB drives all formatted differently (exfat, fat32, ntfs) and still get scheduled recording and a saved recording that doesn't play.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,721x in 778 Posts
    Items PlaneVintage carCoffee makerImmunity to TheftGreeceCanadaWhiskey

I'm assuming you have gone into PVR settings and have switched recording to the USB medium.

Also, one thing I noticed.. Not all channels behave the same. On my Buzz (using OK3 and latest update), I can record most big networks, common channels. However when I try to record something like a Greek channel, the REC indicator lights up for a split second, and then turns off. But once that happens, it is in a weird state, because even channels I could record before start having issues to record. I don't know if it has something to do with the stream format, or anything else, but something is forcing the record to halt, just as quickly as it starts. Recording some of the main big US networks seems to work fine for the most part.

Not a big deal for me, since I never really use the PVR functionality. I just toy with it, more than anything. But I'm sure it can be annoying for some. Typically I just use one of many of the other streaming apps (ttv clones) out there to watch any missed TV episodes (commercial free) or any movies I want to watch.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 6 Posts

Emporium, thats interesting... You may actually be experiencing the issue too for some channels. What happens in your PVR menu when the recording fails, do you still get something sitting there that doesnt play? Because that is what I am refering to.

For me I am mainly recording live sporting events to watch back later.
    For some events I can find a replay online, but for most you either watch live or miss out.

Using the old player seems to work fine for now, just wanted to know if recording with the default player is a better experience (able to watch and record at the sme time) which I am missing out on...

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,721x in 778 Posts
    Items PlaneVintage carCoffee makerImmunity to TheftGreeceCanadaWhiskey

When recording fails, the REC indicator just flashes for a split second. It does create an entry in the PVR listing, but it can't play it. And if you check the recording directory (I tried even with MX player), it has created an mkv file (I think - going from memory) of 0 size, so obviously it won't be able to play it, since there is no content.

I haven't tried using the old player, I just use the default. Since I don't use it much other than experimenting, it doesn't bother me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Emporium For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 6 Posts

Yup, looks like the exact same issue.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 6 Posts

Okay a solution of some sort here.
    I've noticed that the default player saves to a .ts file and the old player saves a .mkv file, this may not mean much but interesting to me.
    I just purchased another IPTV subscription from another provider (I won't use names, but they are well known) and no longer have any issue with recording on the default player.
    This may be an issue with the first provider I have, I'm working with them at the moment to see if there is something preventing it from their side.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8x in 6 Posts

Update: No help from my now previous provider haha.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to helenclarko For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

I have been experience similar problems with PVR like everyone. I used scheduled recording and it worked for 3 recordings. Then when tried again, the channel would't even change automatically like it is suppose to do. Tried with another USB and the exact same thing happened! Used a 8G and a 3G USB both formated to FAT32. Could the first recordings corrupt my USBs? (I am using OK2 as a server).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ipviews For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

does anyone have a n idea of what is hapenning here ^^^^^^?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,329x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

Quote Originally Posted by ipviews View Post
    I have been experience similar problems with PVR like everyone. I used scheduled recording and it worked for 3 recordings. Then when tried again, the channel would't even change automatically like it is suppose to do. Tried with another USB and the exact same thing happened! Used a 8G and a 3G USB both formated to FAT32. Could the first recordings corrupt my USBs? (I am using OK2 as a server).
    did you delete the previous recordings?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

I did. Tried to erase everything, format the usb again and it still doesn't work. Is there a usb or SD card brand recomended for this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12